Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Oxygen sensor thread size?

What size tap am I going to need to clean out the threads on the stock EA82 y-pipe? I've got to do two of these things tommorow. I shattered the first one, and took an impact to it. The sensor threads just disintigrated - left all the thread metal in the cat. So I'm going to have to buy a tap for it since my set doesn't go quite that big....

GD

Yeah, I ripped all the threads of of mine... well, it was my bro-in-law's, but now it is mine. EGO sensor came out looking pretty smooth where all of the threads were supposed to be. That was before I read that there was a procedure for removing EGOs (something like: warm engine, turn EGO 1/4 turn, spray on penetrant and go away for 24 hours before turning again).

wonderful timing for this thread, i need to replace my O2 sensor and we have a couple spares at the shop.. now I just need to look up the vehicle whence they came, and see if this matches the subie. thanks guys :- )

oh and spark plug thread chasers FTW:headbang: every cheap*ss needs one.