Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Mazda wheels with 4x140 (or 4x139.7)?

So I was at U-Pull It yesterday and saw a 80's Mazda E1600 Van (also known as Mazda Bongo.) The rear wheels on it had a 4x140 (or the 139.7,) the front looked like a 4x114.7 or something. Anyway, they'd fit on a Subaru. One catch, because they are truck style'd rims (made to be doubled up) and because they were only 12" big you'd have to put them so they stuck out a lot. So, absolutely useless. But I did have an idea. If they came in bigger sizes (maybe the bigger version the E1800, or if there is even a E2000?) then you could put them on a subaru doubled up, weld a plate around them to turn them into 8 - 9 inch rims (I think they were 12x4") then you could run 11" or more wide ATV tires.

I have no idea why anyone would do this, apart from being cool, and good for mud racing. But hey, it's another wheel that fits a Subaru that I have never heard about.

Picture of a Mazda Bongo/E1800

We also got a EA82 MPFI fuel pump for my EJ conversion ($27 :headbang:) and some shockers for the rear of my brothers MY (extended more then 4" then standard but were 1" longer when compressed all the way, still that's 3" more travel. These were off a Holden Jackaroo. Found some Honda Accord springs for a mates 88wagon (they are off a 86 model, are these the right ones?) And of cause a spare 6 stud wheel I can use instead of keeping one of my 22kg M/T's in the back..

Other things I found out that I was interested in is the Alfa flat four is completely different to a Subaru EA82. I've seen a pic of the two motor sitting next to each other and the timing belt covers looked the same. So I thought maybe there was some similarities. But the engine to gearbox bolt points looked completely different and the heads would not be interchangable, they had 3 head bolts running along the bottom of the head.

Anyway. Had lots of fun as usual. And got pretty much everything I went for. Still looking for a FT4WD trans though...

Holden jackaroos and mazda bongos. :lol:

I'll steal any part I can to put on a Subie... So far the Jackaroo shockers are the only good thing I have found that Holden make :-p

Also the shockers are about 2" round, stock subie ones are about 1.25" round. I don't know if this is better.. But hey, it's bigger!