Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Paintjob fail

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Boddi

Boddi

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • NeskaupstaĆ°ur, Iceland

Posted 02 November 2006 - 03:12 PM

Hi all, Recently i got spoiler for my legacy, but with wrong color. I go to my local paintshop and ask them to paint it. But when I come back on the time it be ready but something go wrong. As the Deltron Acrylic come on the spoler the old paint did dissolve. The use primer paint and sand it after and on the edge the sanding go through the primer on to the old paint there it dissolve. It was like that the old paint did not hold on..... all advise will be very helpfull. Thanks

#2 Virrdog

Virrdog

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 590 posts
  • NE Ohio

Posted 02 November 2006 - 03:34 PM

Take it back and tell them to do it right this time. Remove all of the old paint and scuff up the spoiler so new paint can stick. Then use a paint adhesion promoter before priming and then before putting down color and clear.

#3 STRANGELUCK65

STRANGELUCK65

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • TAMPA

Posted 04 November 2006 - 12:29 AM

Take it back and tell them to do it right this time. Remove all of the old paint and scuff up the spoiler so new paint can stick. Then use a paint adhesion promoter before priming and then before putting down color and clear.

wet sand spoiler toget rid of the bad paint.be sure next time BASF paint is used.i do paint and bodywork for a living-trust me.if you have any more questions pm me.

#4 Virrdog

Virrdog

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 590 posts
  • NE Ohio

Posted 04 November 2006 - 07:33 PM

wet sand spoiler toget rid of the bad paint.be sure next time BASF paint is used.i do paint and bodywork for a living-trust me.if you have any more questions pm me.

If he is having the problem I think he is having, the factory paint does not stick to the spoiler to begin with. So taking it all off and redoing it might make sense. Unless the only problem is where they sanded through, then they could just respray it. I'm not sure what he means by desolve.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users