Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Motor and tranny mounts

well if this is a subaru which i assume it is ballpark for the tranny mounts from subaru is 80 bucks for the pair. If you go elsewhere you can get them cheaper...say 60 for the pair.

Depends on the tranmission, year, and model. 5 speed mounts are very different from 4 speed, and auto's are yet entirely different from either of those. So we really can't comment without more info.

GD

Depends on the tranmission, year, and model. 5 speed mounts are very different from 4 speed, and auto's are yet entirely different from either of those. So we really can't comment without more info.

GD

Yeah thats true. I was just assuming that since they are all about the same size and made the same way that it would be around the same price even if they are different. But your right.

tidd1340 What tranny and engine do you have. Give subaru a call and then do some searching on the net. Im sure you'll find something.

What makes you think they are bad? The 5 speed mounts are usually pretty decent. Although maybe NY salt isn't as kind as OR is.... I could get you some nice firm ones from the yards around here if you like - lots of fairly low mileage 90's loyales in my yards - no rust or salt out here. Shouldn't be more than $5 each or so for the tranny mounts, maybe a bit more for the engine mounts and a few bucks for my hour's worth of labor.

New ones.... you are looking at just slightly less than an a$$load. The 5 speed mounts aren't cheap - about $65 each, and you need two. Engine mounts are even more. Probably looking at over $200 for all four.

GD

Good ol' Rockauto has motor and tranny mounts cheap. Cheapest I've

ever seen. They're listed with the motor mounts on this page -

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/x,carcode,1268568,parttype,5552,EPIsubcategory%5B609%5D,Front%2BEngine%2BMount,partGroup,20

Yeah - they do, but sadly they are out of stock last time I ordered some. I got a call from them and had to change my order. Plus their shipping charges are outragous.

GD

Well, it surely can't hurt to inquire about them again. Maybe they are on

backorder or something. It seemed like the price had dropped since the last

time I looked, so maybe they got a new shipment. You can usually find a

5% discount code through a web search to take some of the sting away

from the shipping charges. This one is still working - 497871456432

I emailed there service dept. and they said Anchor has them on backorder

for 2-3 more weeks. After that, you can special order them through

Rockauto with no fee attached. Sounds good, I guess I'll try get in touch

with them in a few weeks.

:horse: There was an earlier post that made the recommendation to replace the Tranny & Motor mounts, more so for the older cars and easier to do when you have the motor out for a re-seal/replacement such as I am about too do.

The writer of the post stated it felt the drive system was snugger/tighter or what ever and made that recommendation, much like the front end suspension and the rubber bushings etc..

I have an 88 wagon, almost 20 years on them... they look fine but?

so would it be a waste to change them?

My mounts appear fine too. My 4wd hi/lo selector has a shatload of movement in it when accelerating/decelerating. It's tight when you throw it in 4wd and it's being braced by the rear though. I've been putting it off for a while, but I just can't stand the slop anymore personally.

I have an 88 wagon, almost 20 years on them... they look fine but?

so would it be a waste to change them?

I would never think that changing a 20 year old rubber piece would be a waste of time. I plan on doing this in my '89 wagon after seeing what it did for my '93 Legacy. It's a shame they don't make Group-N mounts for the EA chassis's! :grin:

I emailed there service dept. and they said Anchor has them on backorder

for 2-3 more weeks. After that, you can special order them through

Rockauto with no fee attached. Sounds good, I guess I'll try get in touch

with them in a few weeks.

In case you still decide to place an order from rockauto I have a 5% discount from them.

Here it is:

Your discount code is:

Here's how to use it:

* In our Java Catalog, enter your code in the "How did you hear about us" line of the shopping cart.

* In our non-Java Catalog, enter your code in the "Discount Code" field of the Shopping Cart and click "Calculate Discount."

**NOTE: We sometimes get calls from people who put the word "discount" in front of their code and do not get the discount. Please enter ONLY the discount code, no other words or numbers.**

The discount takes 5% off our already-low prices, and there's no limit on order size or the number of orders. Use the code for your next order, and share the code with friends, neighbors, relatives, the guy at the corner garage--anyone you know who works on cars or trucks.

This discount code expires on December 26, 2006; so don't wait!