Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Anyone Heard of the "Flaming Twinky?" (my 360 van)

I used to own a 360, but it was before I knew of this board, and before I could even drive.... (well, I had my permit, and technically the van was my dad's)

but anyways

it was a 1969 360 delux van... it ran and drove! but had no brake lines, and the tranny had a jammed 3rd and 2nd gear, but 1st, 4th and R, worked.... it was in very nice shape too.. my Dad decided it was too hard to fix at the time, and so he sold it and kept the Austin Healy (my first car)

but as we all know about british cars! (i think the subaru would be done and driveable now if i had it, and the healy is still not!)

anyways there are 2 pics on the USMB photo album.. heres one of them-

http://usmb.net/gallery/albuo36/austinsubaru

anyone know where this car is??? I think the new owner is in the Portland area, according to rumor....

Yeah Austin, the high school chicks would have been all over you with a ride like that. So now you have the rest of your life to ponder the question of how many girls you can fit in a 360 love van? BTW, I've seen pictures of that thing somewhere before too, but don't remember where.