Ultimate Subaru Message Board

rear camber fixes, anybody?

Camber fixes on an ea 82T

Front: drill out the strut towers to look like general disorders lifted wagon, got that under control

Rear: ???

talkiing with mudrat about this, the only halfway viable thing to do would be to bend the control arm at its attachment point to the body, but thats using the BFH, how could I do this and keep some sort of axle and 4 wheel alignment?

Am I missing an easier fix?

I'm just tired of having to flip my tires all the time, or maybe I should just keep all four wheels in line on pavement and only drift the T-wagon in the gravel, naw it's too much fun watching the passengers go white knuckle, and litterally will the car to stay on the road :eek:

Talking to myself, but now I'm broadcasting to all y'all,

So mudrat's lifting the car, what I'm thinking is in trying to correct rear camber, maybe a little extra length goes into the block where the rear swing arm attaches to the body, this would level the tire out, but at the cost of increased axle angles, hummm

Guest taprackready

You know, I've never looked closely at the rear suspension set up. I've only had my brat since last spring. If I remember the camber is set and not changeable by the swing arm? You would have to actually change something on the swingarm itself such as bending it or shiming it to get the camber. I could be al. wrong. Anybody else wanna try.

Bill

Heres a possibility. The ea82 rear swing arm is attached to two pivots on the suspension tube. If you unbolted the inner pivot and moved it up and down it would change camber. Could it be as simple as making an adjutable mount for the inner pivot. The only two issues I can think of with this off hand are 1)The wheels won't move in a horizontal arc. They will travel in an arc thats is as far off horizontal as the camber added . 2) The bushing on the outer pivot is going to take more abuse.

How much total travel is a Legacy/Impreza style rear end capable of? If they flex enough how about switching to that style of suspension or use that multilink as a starting point. Or maybe use Nissan stuff instead with a R180 or R200 diff. Of course you'd be finding a different coilovers, narrow the crossmember, etc. etc. but I'm just floating the concept and haven't analyzed the details.