Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Went to the Snow, had a blast (56k? me too :) )

ezapar

Nobody showed up, so I went up with just my Toy and my buddy Brian riding along.

We were the only truck up there with the snowmobiles. The cherokee with the command track and studded snow tires backed out waaaaaayyyy before we sere forced to stop.

The pic below is deceiving, it's a pretty big hill. We backed up and pushed forward a whole bunch of times before giving up. The snow was up to the bumper, but the tires were sitting on about 12 inches. When we tried to walk in it, we sunk to our waists.

When we turned around below, the drift was up over my tires. Had to do a bit of digging to get out, about 2 minutes, the snow was really fine and light weight.

I'm pretty friggin impressed with the Firestones! Aired down to 12 lbs, they just pushed me forward with practically no slippage the whole way. No tire tracks to follow the whole time, just snowmobile tracks.

111106_011.jpg

It was a challenge keeping the truck at 20mph, keeping it on the trail and taking pics of Brian on the way back down.

I lost it once and gat some pretty gnarly fish tails, made me laugh pretty hard. :clap:

111106_014.jpg

111106_018.jpg

111106_020.jpg

LMAO at Brian, specially taking that header into the snow bank:lol:

I so wish I could have come:-\

But hey, the Hatch is (off)road ready again. Its got a brand new rad in it.

Well, keep it ready, the X-mas tree run is on the 2nd of December. :brow: I think this will be a pretty good year for us.

That first pic almost looks photochopped, something to do with the flash I think.

I wish I had snow near where I live. Closest stuff there is is about 2000km away

Yeah, I photo shopped all of them. I never really went to the snow. . . :rolleyes:

2000km away. :lol: I have to drive 40 minutes to get to snow. But I have to pick which pass first. :banana:

Yeah, I photo shopped all of them. I never really went to the snow. . . :rolleyes:

:lol: Lol, just look at it. It doesn't look real.. I love the look of the tread in the snow though.. I've only been to the "real" snow twice that I remember of. And last time was over 11 years ago.. I think next winter I'm going on a road trip.