Ultimate Subaru Message Board

79 brat the guy wants more than 10K for it!!!

alright, well im really hoping that this Brat does not belong to anyone on this board, cuz i dont want to offend them if it does. This thing just keeps poping up on craigslist for a "trade", but every time i offer the guy something, he comes back with "i have over 10 k invested in it, and i want to get that money back out...."..... of a BRAT??? im i losing my mind, or is it just crazy to put that kind of money into a brat?????? plus, the thing doesnt look DONE. its primer and doesnt appear to have lights, or jump seats, or much of an interior.... has anyone seen this thing in person????:confused:

230172754.html

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/bar/230172754.html

ha! 10 thow. yea right. its lifted, yea thats a plus, 140 HP now your talkin, but how much of it is subaru? if it had a engine in it other then subaru i wouldnt even think about buying it (not that i could):rolleyes: . and if i had one like that i would most likly get a ticket for the tires stickin out past the wheel wells (i already did):lol: it would cost a pretty penny makin it street leagle again lol.

10k = his problem,not the buyer's.

Looks like a bit-chin project though.

There's a complete fiberglass sheel (Gen II Brat) in Mass. that we've seen.That must have taken some time to make,so that guy thinks his is worth a fortune too.Very nice work.Time is money.But bailing out of a project like these usually costs you a good chunk.

Haha, I've tried to trade him TWO cars for it, but he wouldnt go for it.... i offered him 3k for it (which i think is resonable since it cant be more than 50% subaru anymore), and he was insulted.... perhaps i should try to trade him my CURRENT brat... heh heh (it's an 81 that doesnt run and is beat to heck!! ):banana:

I've got a plan... lets all call or e-mail him and try to trade him anything from our subies to.. oh i dont know, 10 hours of yardwork and see who gets the most pissed off response!!! How bout it??? maybe he'll take a weekend of pet sitting in trade- i AM afterall a pet sitting GURU!!!! :headbang:

I've got a plan... lets all call or e-mail him and try to trade him anything from our subies to.. oh i dont know, 10 hours of yardwork and see who gets the most pissed off response!!! How bout it??? maybe he'll take a weekend of pet sitting in trade- i AM afterall a pet sitting GURU!!!! :headbang:

Offer him three (3) negotiable sponge baths.