Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Iknow im in the wrong place but ive looked eveywhere else with no help. What im looking at doing has been done but finding the guy who did it has been a dead end. I own a 2 seat seat midengine sandrail, presently powered by a 2332 vw. As everyone here knows the two engines share a few similarities....anyhow, to the point. I know a guy who took an EJ22, removed the intake, built some new manifolds and mounted twin 44idf weber carbs on it. He then used a distributor from another vehicle and adapted it to the subi engine. He compared the way to ran to a "very angry well built vw"...ie 2276....2387 etc. I know there are plenty of options with the 2.5 2.0t...aftermarket computers.....ive seen some wild subi's in sandcars and theyre everything a vw has always wished it was!....I like the idea of the carbs for a few reasons.....mainly the cost and simplicity of no electronics, not to mention there are lots of 2.2's that can be bought pretty cheap. My biggest issue here is making a distributor work. If I can get that part figured out im set....anyhelp here????Thanks in advance for any help....I also was directed to this link where a ej25 is used with weber ida carbs??????http://www.projectaerosol.com/porubi/