Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Today's Adventure

Figured I'd go Subaru huntin' today... I knew there was a GL wagon for sale here in glorious Troy, so I figured I'd go find out where it was, if it was still there, and what kinda shape it was in, if it was still there.

It wasn't.

But I found something else. Just on the other side of Hoosick Street sits a GM dealership. Had a set of keys made for the Calais I owned before I picked up Subie, so I've got a tendency to glance over at it whenever I head over that way. Toady, sitting right in front of the lot, parked on the street, is a beautiful baby blue Loyale. :slobber:

No rust on her, anywhere. One slight ding in the left front fender, looks like it'd be easy to pull out. Either 124 grand or 224 grand on the odometer, couldn't read that first digit. Don't remember seein' a 4wd emblem on the rear end, and I was too busy slathering over the pristine body condition to see whether it was auto or manual *helpless shrug*. I could swap out a tranny, but I can't turn back the rust, ya know? Left one of those "If you ever decide you want to sell this car, here's my phone number and email address. Oh, btw, check out http://www.ultimatesubaru.org."

All this was balanced by the fact that I boogered my exhaust on the way out. The dealership lies on a side hill (sorta makes me wonder what ain't on a side hill in Troy...). To get out of the lot, you've got to drive up that hill, over a sidewalk, then through a dip before you get to the street. With the condition of the struts in Subie right now, coupled with the rear cat sitting a few inches lower than it should with the rig job I've got set up on it, I scraped. Opened up a hole in that cheap flexible exhaust tubing that I used. If I knew somebody out here that could weld a tube in place inexpensively... *sigh*.

At least she sounds like she's got some teeth, now *grin*. There's a silver linin' to just about any cloud...

P.S.: Been a while since I ranted on about Subaru's... guess I needed to get it out of my system ;o)