Ultimate Subaru Message Board

How many EA82 P/S pumps are there? Which is this one?

I have a lower profile pump that has a double pulley and accepts shorter hoses than the typical EA82 sedan/wagon pump.

Is this an XT pump?

I'll try to get some pictures later,if I have time.

One low profile pump needed that doesn't leak or make noise.

Thanks for any help.

All of my non-XTs (85-90, na and T) have the same style PS pump. Reservoir directly over the pump, dual-pulley sheaves, same length inlet/outlets.

My 89 XT has a different pump, reservoir sits side-saddle to the pump (biased to passenger-side), so chassis lines are shorter. Standard XT pump is ribbed-belt.

I have one around here somewhere..if its the right one ..come and get it...also dont forget..I have the Y pipe for the 78 wagon

Dang'd if I wasn't just thinking about that Y-pipe.Gonna be needing that.The '78 has a new clutch cable and is now much more drivable.

Thanks Connie,I'll be in touch.I was thinking afterwards that Andrew could have brought that down....oh well

Yes,Pat the type I was forced to use is the side saddle reservoir.The lines weren't about to be removed,etc. at that point so it was easier to swap the pump.I didn't hear it making noise before,but I only drove the car for a very short time.

Looking at it today it seemed fairly dry,lever not bad,just still noisy when you crank the wheel.This pump may have had the pulley changed,or should I maybe be getting ribbed belts?I used the same belts it came to me with,regular old V belts.

Ive seen the pump, the resavaur sits side-saddle on it, with a pipe that joins in the top with 2 10mm bolts.

In my experience, all the subaru pumps are the same, just some of them have slightly different size mounting bolts. I put an EA82 pump on my EJ22, all I had to do was clearance the holes in the bracket a bit.

Moosens: I'd swap the pully and resavaur over to the pump that was hanging out of the wagon we pulled the tranny out of, use a new rubber sealing thingy where the resavaur pipe bolts to the top of the pump.

I wonder if I can score a new rubber seal thingy.....

Only problem is,me and the car are in Bridgeport with no intentions of driving back to Charlie's too soon.

Like I said Pual..I have one here and you are more than welcome to it...maybe with some sweet talkin or something I can run it down or meet half way ..

OK Hockey Time

Jack a pump out of any parts subaru you can find. Legacy's will work too. Someone should know what the real name for the "rubber sealing thingy" is. There's an O ring and a rubber cone seal dealy. If you replaced just that, it might fix it. The seal was leaking ATF out, but it's probably letting air in and making the pump moan.

That XT motor you sold me had a ps pump on it, you want that i should send it back to you? the pump, not the engine.

Well,Andrew is supposed to hook me up with it,but thanks.I'll keep that in mind just incase.

For all the effort on this car and it's $100 price I can't complain.Well,wait a minute.....where do I start.:lol: