Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Having been the proud owner of a 96 Legacy, I recently upgraded to an 04 GT. Unfortunately, the upgrade included those two stupid sunroofs, one of which is now leaking. I see in other posts that the drains need to be blown out regularly with compressed air, but of course this is stated nowhere in the manual. My questions are these:

1. Where are these drains, anyway? I don't see them when I look.

2. Has anyone had luck getting Subaru to pay for the fix, if necessary. The GT is past warranty, but I feel like this is a manufacturing defect.

It looks like there are two drains. The drain hose are listed as 12 and 13 on the diagram. There should be two holes on the drives side in the front and the back of the roof. You should be able to see them with the front roof raised and the rear open all the way. I circled three things but the two toward the rear should be in the same place.

7522425.jpg

This is the good picture I found.

Okay, so apparently that is the diagram for the sedan roof.:-\

The wagon roof doesn't show enough detail to see where to drain hoses go. It looks like they are still on the drives side. The front drain may be in the middle of the two sections and drain down the B pillar.

Either way, it should point you in the right direction.

There are 4 drain hoses , 2 at each front a-pillars and 2 at each rear d-pillars.

The best way to find it is drop the head liner and water test it . Not an easy job , you have to remove all the trim that contacts the head liner then drop it out the rear gate. One thing that makes it a little easier is that it a wagon

Some time the sealant at the right rear drain cracks and leaks , but most of the time there is debris in the hose

SEA#3