Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Are the older threads

pyromanic

from like six months ago still availiable somewhere? It might have even been longer ago, not sure, but I'm remembering a while back Allied Armament posted a pick of his front tube bumper they were making, and now that got a MIG welder I wanna make my own. But I can only find three pages of "off road" threads now. Where's the older stuff or how might I find those pics if there still around?

thanks

Pyro

I this the thread? (I just searched on screenname "shadyirishmen" in all forums):

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=36354

AARGH! Sorry, I just found it by searching "bumper" right here in "off road".

That link works too though, thanks man. Should have searched before I asked, sorry.

Any way, now that I see those bumpers again, I STILL like the heck out them. Think they are some of the sweetest I've seen. I don't have a bender though, so guess I'm out of luck. Gonna have to go a different route. I think.

Thanks again.

Pyro

install them straight , and with the help of a few trees the ends get a nice bend haaa hhaaaa:banana: :eek: :cool: :brow: :brow:

Hey, I like those too. Maybe with cutting some short pieces at an angle could get them to wrap around the corners. I have an antique electric mechanical hacksaw that works. (sort of!) Then put in some expanded metal between the tubes like the AA bumpers. (just for looks I guess, or to keep brush out of the rad)

Pyro

I would recommend doing this:

PICT1776.jpg

notice the bottom tube is not as long as the top one. to match the shape of the car. the top one is also set a bit further out away from the car than the bottom one....it's very slick!

I've never had any brush get into my rad.

just get some C-channel, drill a couple holes, bolt it up in the stock bumper mount locations. then hold the tubes where you want the, and weld them on.