Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Anyone in spokane help a friend?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 hooziewhatsit

hooziewhatsit

I fix old cars

• Members
  • 1,333 posts
  • Klamath Falls

Posted 14 November 2006 - 03:16 PM

'87 wagon, SPFI, dealer wants $3000 (including tax) to fix this list of stuff:

one rear bearing, new shoes
front caliper/rotors
rt front wheel bearing
rt front tie rod
master cylinder
power steering leak
new drive belt

She was driving, the brakes 'died' and she rear-ended someone at about 10mph. She's fine, and the car has a couple more dents; no big deal.

Now, the car is at Camp Subaru, and they have that list of things that 'need repaired'. I also don't know why the brakes died.

So, if anyone in the area would like to help fix it, or just buy it for parts, she would sure appreciate it. She's planning her wedding now, so she can use any extra money she can get.

Thanks,
-Dave

edit: oh yea, both of the front axles are virtually brand new, one's 6 months old the other is 1 month old.

#2 baccaruda

baccaruda

YOUR FAVORITE MOD

• 6,942 posts
  • SpoVegas, WA

Posted 14 November 2006 - 03:39 PM

how much for it as-is? i know someone who might want it..

#3 jk4138

jk4138

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 129 posts
  • Spokane

Posted 14 November 2006 - 03:57 PM

PM'd you. I would be interested in it.

#4 hooziewhatsit

hooziewhatsit

I fix old cars

• Members
  • 1,333 posts
  • Klamath Falls

Posted 14 November 2006 - 04:21 PM

Thanks for the offers guys; I'll call her today and see what she'd want for it. I should also mention it has ~265k on it, and I replaced the HGs about 10k ago.

I'm also pretty sure it can't be driven (safely) right now with the brakes how they are. I'm also not sure what all the dealer has taken off it right now.

-Dave

#5 baccaruda

baccaruda

YOUR FAVORITE MOD

• 6,942 posts
  • SpoVegas, WA

Posted 14 November 2006 - 04:27 PM

My friend found something just now! but thanks anyway. good luck to your friend.. most of those parts would be inexpensive at pull n save...

#6 jk4138

jk4138

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 129 posts
  • Spokane

Posted 14 November 2006 - 04:35 PM

Dave-

Just let me know what she is willing to take for it. I could get a trailer out there by tomorrow if need be.

#7 hooziewhatsit

hooziewhatsit

I fix old cars

• Members
  • 1,333 posts
  • Klamath Falls

Posted 14 November 2006 - 05:25 PM

My friend found something just now! but thanks anyway. good luck to your friend.. most of those parts would be inexpensive at pull n save...

yea, if I was closer than, oh, 12 hours from there, I'd fix it up for her... however...

jk: I'll call her in a little bit and get back to you,

-Dave

#8 Cougar

Cougar

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 6,340 posts
  • Anchorage

Posted 14 November 2006 - 07:42 PM

If it were me I would take the money that she can get for the car as is and add that to the 3 grand that would be spent on repairs to get another vehicle. Why spend that much on a car that may be worth only 2 grand at most? There are lots of good deals out there so finding one shouldn't be too hard.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users