Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Anco HydroClear Wiperblades

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 ScoobySchmitty

ScoobySchmitty

I am The Stig.

• Members
  • 475 posts
  • Kalamazoo

Posted 13 November 2003 - 09:36 AM

Has anyone used/tried these wiper blades yet? They are supposed to use a special compound that repels water. Apparently they claim that regular rubber blades ATTRACT water. Any opinions, ideas, snide comments???

ScoobySchmitty:D

#2 frag

frag

Soob shade tree mechanic

• Members
  • 1,777 posts
  • Montréal, Québec, Can.

Posted 13 November 2003 - 11:05 AM

I use winter wipers with teflon blades. They neither attract nor repel water, they just wipe it away. :-)

#3 Lesbaru

Lesbaru

Gir is my copilot

• Members
  • 681 posts
  • Seattle

Posted 13 November 2003 - 09:26 PM

I have a soft and gooey spot in my cold little heart for Rain-X. My wiper blades are plain ol' NAPA, and with the Rain-X they do a peachy job.

#4 slideways

slideways

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • Duluth, MN

Posted 13 November 2003 - 11:38 PM

The blades are made of silcone. They deposit a very thin layer on the windsheild which repels water like Rain-X. The first company to come out with silicone blades was PIAA. I bought one for my drivers side to try it out. Worked well, but very pricey($25!!!) and not servicable. Triple-edge came out with silicone blades and they have replacable wiper elements. I bought the elements for $7, and they worked better and held up longer than the PIAA blade. With both, it does take a few wipes for them to "warm up" so to speak. I do like them and will buy them again.

#5 Setright

Setright

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 3,176 posts
  • Denmark

Posted 14 November 2003 - 02:05 PM

Woohoooo!

I thought I was the only one who swore by Rain-X :D

#6 ferret

ferret

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 666 posts
  • Northern NJ

Posted 14 November 2003 - 08:56 PM

1985 my brother introduced me to Rain-X. He was a pilot and they used it on their windscreens. Been a believer/user since.:-)

#7 slideways

slideways

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • Duluth, MN

Posted 14 November 2003 - 09:44 PM

One thing I forgot. The silcone wiper blades stay more flexible in extreme cold. If all you are looking for is water to be repeled from your windsheild, go with rain-x. With the silicone wipers, your windsheild only repels water where they touch.

#8 99obw

99obw

this space for rent

• Members
  • 1,595 posts
  • Ithaca area

Posted 15 November 2003 - 08:36 AM

I like to use Lexor blades (cheap, $7 IIRC at walmart) with Rain-X. I recently tried a triple edge blade on the rear of our outback and it wasn't nearly as good as Bosch or Lexor.

#9 Setright

Setright

• Members
  • 3,176 posts
  • Denmark

Posted 16 November 2003 - 11:05 AM

I use Bosch and Rain-X. Wipers don't see much service on highways :D

Bosch aren't the best, but they are the most durable/lasting/consistent.

P.S. They should be at the price!!

#10 Tiny Clark

Tiny Clark

Certified Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 807 posts
  • Germany

Posted 17 November 2003 - 01:46 AM

I use Rain-x as well, on all the windows!! Makes for better visibility out the sides.

#11 Setright

Setright

• Members
  • 3,176 posts
  • Denmark

Posted 17 November 2003 - 03:07 AM

Of course Tiny Clark! Goes without saying :D

Actually. I do leave the left passenger window un-Rain-Xed. It's not really a window you look through, and it helps display the Rain-X difference to sceptical passengers!!

For the INSIDE of the glass, AutoGlym "Car Glass Polish" is the business. Clean windows don't fog up. We were five people in the car the other night, in the rain, no need for wipers and no foggin windows!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users