Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Need EA82 lower radiator hose part number

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 GeneralDisorder

GeneralDisorder

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 20,280 posts
  • Portland

Posted 15 November 2006 - 09:27 PM

Ok - I've got this weird radiator in my sedan - instead of the lower hose tube comming off the radiator at an upwards angle this one comes straight off. It's got a hose now that I want to replace, and I need a part number for something that will work. I've never seen one like this - it's probably an aftermarket radiator, but there's the hose - and it works just peachy, but without a part number for a hose like this I'm stuck if I blow it. And this one is old:

Posted Image

GD

#2 daeron

daeron

Cunning Linguist

• Members
  • 3,600 posts
  • West Palm Beach

Posted 15 November 2006 - 09:33 PM

GD: try an upper radiator hose for an EA82. I specify because you didnt.. I went out and looked at my sedan, and have the radiator fitting pointing upwards.. but looked at it, and recalled that _I_ had to cut about 1" or more of length off my upper hose when I got it.. (still haven't figured that one out, all other clearances are proper and this car has NEVER been wrnecked.. not THAT bad.. i figure manufacturer error?) So, it looks like about the right shape and size.. especially if you have the extra bit of length I encountered. If you try it, and find you need the length of my "flawed" hose, i can go back to the store and find exact manufacturer/part #.

#3 GeneralDisorder

GeneralDisorder

• Members
  • 20,280 posts
  • Portland

Posted 15 November 2006 - 09:35 PM

hhhhmmm - I've looked at them, but the upper doesn't have enough "S" to it - this thing needs to almost double back on itself. It's weird. Maybe this is like an XT hose or something? I'm confused. I ended up with this radiator from a parts car.....

GD

#4 Prospeeder

Prospeeder

Subaru Fanatic!

• Members
  • 487 posts

Posted 15 November 2006 - 09:37 PM

i belive EA81's had that kinda hose, mabye try one of thier lower hoses

#5 GeneralDisorder

GeneralDisorder

• Members
  • 20,280 posts
  • Portland

Posted 15 November 2006 - 09:38 PM

i belive EA81's had that kinda hose, mabye try one of thier lower hoses

No - the EA81 hose rotates 90 degress, and is shorter.

GD

#6 daeron

daeron

Cunning Linguist

• Members
  • 3,600 posts
  • West Palm Beach

Posted 15 November 2006 - 09:55 PM

not sure of the diameter, but I can go take the cover off the Zcar and see.. does this look like it would go from point A, to point B?

If so, I will step outside and check the diameter. its the upper hose (cut-to-fit) from a 75 datsun 280Z. I will reply with proper part #s and a link, but its the first upper rad hose listed on thepartsbin.com

#7 GeneralDisorder

GeneralDisorder

• Members
  • 20,280 posts
  • Portland

Posted 15 November 2006 - 09:57 PM

No - it's got to be a full "S" shape like this:

__
|__
__|

Hope that de-cofuseicates the shape a bit ;)

GD

#8 GeneralDisorder

GeneralDisorder

• Members
  • 20,280 posts
  • Portland

Posted 15 November 2006 - 10:08 PM

Ok - I found it. After surfing around on thepartsbin, it's listed as a lower hose for 11/1990 and up Loyale's:

Incidentally (and another reason I need a source), this is the same hose you need to hook an EA82 up to an EA81 radiator.

SOA part number: 45162GA020

http://oem.thepartsb...ory=All&dp=true

Posted Image

GD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users