Ultimate Subaru Message Board

ultimate NEW GEN subaru toolkit?

Hey all, 96 2.2 subaru legacy wagon here (thanks to helpful advices found on this site ;) )

I am wondering, as i suppose many more before me, what exactly do i need to carry with me to get things done.. say get anything done.

AND i am already tired of hauling 100 pounds of tools that i might need for roadtrips.

the old generation thread on this is something like this:

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=66547

but I'm sure subaru has improved things by adding an 8.5mm fastener somewhere!<GRIN>

Personally, as a NYC resident, my car will eventually be crackheaded (example: empty oil quarts will be stolen) so i want things to be as light as possible, and bring other tools along for longer trips.

wrenches- exactly what?

sockets -deep where needed?

3/16 axle pin punch and 32mm (or 36mm socket on some?)

umm... any torx, allen, security fasteners? special tools? duct tape? flashlight, dirty sweatshirt...

take this thread where you want to.

but i am looking for a toolkit that inspires confidence to handle ANYTHING like the one for my german motorcycle and will fit in the tail-lite cubbies back there out of sight.

tool5.jpg

yeah, I know its a little cute and you gotta spring for ratchets and a breaker bar for cages- um i mean CARS. but this toolkit is magic.

brian