Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Lift time, finally?

BruceyWV

Feedback welcome. I've got a 2000 Outback and just take it on the trails in my county for fun, nothing too extreme. But all the trails in my county are uneven and I basically can't decided to do a strut spacer or a king spring lift.

Its currently running 27" SSR's and I havent gotten it stuck once (I'm awful slow and cautious though).

Springs: I like how the king springs raise the entire vehicle up, I wont mind putting some extra wear in the cvs, but travel seems like it would be limited and I dont have nearly enough travel already.

Strut spacers. Where can I get strut spacers only? If I can get a good deal on them, I think that is what I'll do. Same travel and gain an inch or two. Although at the same time, I need to replace my struts soon too. They're pretty much shot.

Are we talking about putting a spacer on the strut, to drop it from the body, or extending the strut itself inside the coil spring? I'd be happy with either, but if I was going to do the latter some lift springs would definately be in order. Hmmm.

he's talking about a block between the top of the strut, and the strut tower on the car. just like the EA ones.

if its the same as a 91 legacey i have the struts to make the pattern off,

the strut tower pattern will be the same. not sure of the offset required to avoid camber problems (although there is some adjustment at the knuckle). but it looks like the strut tops are at an angle....

if you are gonna replace your struts, try sourcing a set of forester struts/springs from Nasioc or I-club.

Some Forester owners lower their rides w/STI/WRX stuff and usually have their old struts lying around.

Got a set for Forester XT struts w/5k miles on them for $250.00.

BW

So, would scott just need the strut tops to make a set of spacers for them, or the entire thing?

I figure while I'm in there, I'll replace the whole unit, struts/springs/mounts and sell the old ones, I'm sure someone around here would want them, at least for the springs. The strut tops arent going to add too awful much to the price.

he's talking about a block between the top of the strut, and the strut tower on the car. just like the EA ones.

Something like this? http://www.cornfedsuspension.com A lot of Tacoma wheelers run this type of lift, i chose to just use OME Landcrusier struts and springs on my Taco, and Forrester springs Legacy struts on my Imp Coupe.

Pete

"Keep the rubber side down"

:burnout::burnout:

:burnout::burnout: