Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Before you go for that free Subaru.....

Ask how bad the mouse urine smell is. :slobber:

Oh my......just got back from one very nasty ride back from picking up a nice woman's GL 4door in upstate NY.She says the car only sat about three months or so.Never in my life have I smelled something that bad for that long of a time.Windows open,took it well in mid 40's temperature at 55mph++ but by the time we hit the super highway at 65mph+++ I had to roll up all but the passenger side,which was about half+ open....just below level with my nose.I was driving mostly with my sweatshirt pulled up over my nose.

Man,I even brought Ozium with me thinking I'd have to deal with a little mold smell.Well,the trunk had the mold smell going on with the rotted corners sucking up water.Almost wish I could have driven it from inside the trunk instead.Ozium is one of the strongest air sanitizers you can score at most stores.It barely helped and only very temporarily.

I'd have just turned around but the engine runs like a top and is very quiet.And let's face,we've got some issues going on here.:banana::lol:

This may have been the spear through the heart of my .....hopefully former..."obsession" with retrieving derelict 80's Subarus.I've been saying I'm going to drop the 80's crap and focus on my 70's and get a nice Impreza.....well,NOW I'm SO ready it's sickening.

I am so tired of the 80's cars taking time away from my life.

THE END

...and in related news, if anyone's interested I have a beautiful one-owner nicely equipped FWD 5-speed sedan with unique air freshener impregnated in the carpet and custom fibreglass floorboards available and offered for sale, South Hadley, MA (where someone had a complaint about the interior clashing with his wardrobe and abandoned said vehicle). :-D ;-) You win some,you lose some. Right?

Paul...I know how to get most of the stink out..as long as there isnt any nests behind the dash or in the fan motor ( even then I can get it out)..My old 88 GL wagon came with the same odor...Laundry detergent,a scrub brush and a wet/dry vac..along with some pine-sol and a dry sunny day and I can get that smell out..no problem. You do remember..I used to own and run an automotive detail shop dont you?

Nature's way to remove odors: Cut up an apple or two into segments and leave on the floor on a paper plate or two. Removes the smell of mold, cigarette smoke, and probably anything else. Much better than those crummy air fresheners which just try to overpower the smell with their own. Not a quick fix, but works just fine.

Thanks guys,but no way in hell am I bothering anymore with this car or anything I don't really need from the 80's.

The only thing I want is to see either Andrew or myself use that engine and exhaust.

Well,like I said last night Andrew,I think the car should go to Charlie's so it's parts are more easily available.If I'm riding out the winter with any of these cars still around I'd like to see that engine,etc. available to me firstly after all this.;)