Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Subiefest Rally X thread. Got pix or stories?

Had a blast! More fun than I've had at a Rally X ever. ever.

I was pretty honored to get a chance to run after a proper Subie Rally car went around the track a couple of times. Thanks Paul. Great job, what a sweet course. I usually hate slaloms, and this track had 3. They made it really run, cuz they were fairly high speed slaloms, really made me work.

I'll get the couple of pics up in a minute.

Anybody have any of me or Qman. Got my wagon in action?

Had a blast! More fun than I've had at a Rally X ever. ever.

I was pretty honored to get a chance to run after a proper Subie Rally car went around the track a couple of times. Thanks Paul. Great job, what a sweet course. I usually hate slaloms, and this track had 3. They made it really run, cuz they were fairly high speed slaloms, really made me work.

I'll get the couple of pics up in a minute.

Anybody have any of me or Qman. Got my wagon in action?

It was a great event and fun watching you and qman fling dirt around the course. I have a CD I can bring by with some pics and video clips (sorry, I'm too lazy to try to figure out how to load video clips). I didn't get as many photos as usual since I wanted to get all my runs in before I went out to take pics. I will try to post the pics in a photo album shortly. It was a great course and didn't have any of the major rock-a-dillos that showed up the last time we ran there. I liked that we ran all those cars there without once relying on a water truck!! After a weeks worth of rain and a few days to settle in, the conditions were just about perfect for a rallycross.

There were a couple of bead blowouts, but not on qman's car. Too many people "airing down" their tires to try to get more traction; doesn't take much to pop a bead when that happens. I don't remember which car it was but I had either a pic or video clip of one car which a blown bead who continued to run on the flat.

There were a couple of bead blowouts, but not on qman's car. Too many people "airing down" their tires to try to get more traction; doesn't take much to pop a bead when that happens. I don't remember which car it was but I had either a pic or video clip of one car which a blown bead who continued to run on the flat.

Actually, there was one on my car. Eric blew one on the run he took with Pablo Eklund. We had it rebeaded in about two minutes and were ready to roll.

BTW, that pic above is of me. Eric has an open faced burgandy helmet. I have a full faced silver one.

Here's one of Eric taken from NASIOC.

111344122-M.jpg

So, did anyone get Block's time, or did they even put a clock on him. It would be great to see how Ken and Zap compared.

Who was the old guy in the Legacy GT, kind of looked like the guy who ran the Audi at WCSS 8.

Ken Block ran a 1:12 and hit 2 cones for a total of 1:16. Eric ran fastest time of the day with a 1:13 clean. I followed with a 1:14. The driver of the Leg GT is Charles. Great guy and better driver. He held fastest laps until the rally cars showed up. Bill Price ran the Audi @ WCSS8.

So, did anyone get Block's time, or did they even put a clock on him. It would be great to see how Ken and Zap compared.

Who was the old guy in the Legacy GT, kind of looked like the guy who ran the Audi at WCSS 8.

I had Block at just over 1:10, but the "official" time was just over 1:12. I didn't have a clear view of the finish line so I'd go with the official time. This didn't include any pylons he clipped (not sure of the first run, if any; but he wiped a number of cones on the second run). Ken and Zap were running in the 1:15 and under range at this point. (I stand corrected on Ken and Eric's times; obviously they know them better than I). Ken is also correct about the bead blowout; I had forgotten the incident because it was resolved so quickly.

The "old guy" was Charles Morrill in a 2000 Legacy GT (automatic!!). An exceptionally talented "finesse" driver who ran a 1:17 best time before the course was changed. I believe the changed course was a tad quicker judging from the times posted near the end. Not to take anything away from any of these drivers.

Definatly had a good time. The course was setup well and stayed wet the entire day. Thanks again to Ed for setting me up with the killer rally tires, they made a HUGE difference. My best time was a 1:21, someone told me its up there with the best(?). I havent raced in over a year and this is the first with the RX. Zap and Qman literaly tore the track up in Qmans Brighton. Got to ride in it with Zap as pilot. If there had been audio in the car it would have sounded like a couple of little kids squeeling (with joy). This car kicks A$$! I hope I can make it to next years RallyX series, I really miss it:-\

rallyx7.jpg

Anyone get any cool pics of my pos rally car? Oh u guys are gonna be so pissed when its got 250hp and a new paint job and 4.11 turbo gearing. in less then a month! muhahaha #502 PGT blue legacy...
Matt, I have a few of your car; I'll get the CD to you when I can.

Did you replace the white rally sedan with a blue rally wagon Ed??? :confused:
We're working on the switch. My wife and I were talking about too many cars in the driveway. She noted that she only drives to work during the week and her car is unused during the weekend. My white Impreza is parked during the week and only goes out on occasional weekends. When I asked if I could rallycross her daily driver, she responded..."Sure, why not? Just don't break it!" So I'm trying it out and will likely make the switch. It solves the problem of updating the Sedan to an

EJ22 and I can carry more "stuff" in the wagon. Lots of suspension work needed though. The wagon is stock and I barely had it under control at the rallycross. It was nice to have the extra torque but couldn't use it all because the car was so skittish. I'll likely put the sedan up for sale in February (it'll be "on loan" to my middle son while he's visiting us this winter).

in the show there was a few of us old schoolers some ej swaps, one sweet xt, a few rx, EA wagons, 4x4rigs. sadly no brats or svx

i had my old school/swap there and i rallyX'ed it and broke a strut or something:mad:

oh well, time for a new ride:) lego wagon in the works:brow:

Results of the RallyX are up @ http://www.subiesport.com/subiefest/results/rallycross.htm

If Zap had run his car 3 more times, it would have counted. So, someone correct me if I'm wrong, that made my time of 1:21:78 6th fastest of the day:headbang:

Btw, thats not everyone that ran that day. Not by a long shot. Should be at least 100 cars that ran.