Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Recommended Plug Wires

What is a good aftermarket wire ? Specifically anyone have a model number they have currently running on their Soob? I know I have seen Accel, and MSD run by some people, but a search of the board has not rendered exact info. Some of the manufaturers websites don't always do so well to find a fit for my engine when I try to use the vehicle selection utility.

It looks like to me any standard plug wire will fit but I know sometimes the wires can get too long for my H4 engine.

Thanks all,

Chad L

1987 GL-10 Turbo AWD 5-speed

I got a set of 8mm Accel super stock wires. I had to buy the "cut your own size" set for a V8. Cost me about $27, which is a hell of a deal considering 7.5mm Autolites are usually $30 anyway's.

It was very simple to cut the wires to length, and made it look real nice under the hood. Also the wires were yellow, and that helped. I got them when i got my Accel superstock coil, and also regapped my plugs to .050". There is a noticeable difference when the car is climbing through the gears. In 1st, 2nd and 3rd gear, i can accelerate alot faster through the gears, in 4th its still kinda sluggish but this is on my EA81 with a 4spd.

The magnacore's are a good wire, but i cant find them anywhere except on the net. I was able to buy my Accel's from AutoZone, and i have 4 extra cause I bought a V8 set and only used 4 wires.

-Brian