Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hello from a new Rocky Mountain member

Hi. Many of you know me from other boards and have been telling me that I need to join here. Well, I never did until today because I never owned an old Sube until today. I just completed the purchase of a 1979 Brat. So, here I am. I won't be picking up the car for a week or so, but will post some pictures once I get her. She's an ugly old thing with a big old ding in the DS rear 1/4 and some surface rust here and there. I have no idea how rusty the bed is because it's currently full of garbage:mad: But that's ok. She'll get the full treatment and once I get my hands on her, I don't expect her to see the light of day for 18-24 months. Well, that's enough for now. And for those of you who don't know me, I look forward to meeting you, especially the old skool junkies whom I will lean on heavily for technical knowledge in the coming year...:headbang:

Haven't checked this thread in a few days. Thanks for the warm welcome all. I don't know if I will make it to Christophe's this weekend or not as my back let go on me on Monday.

Shawn,

I am sure you will see me down at the shop looking for stuff. The funny thing is I was there talking to Rick about his old Brat and my personal dreams of ownership just 3 days before I found mine.

Laura,

Thanks for the compliment. It's genuine modesty. I have never considered anything I know about these cars unique or special to me and am always happy to pass it on. And of course I seek out others with the same mentality, and knowledge that I don't possess that will pass it on to me.

I have started my reading about the 1st gen Subes. Seems there's a lot to know and a lot to explore about what will and will not work on my chassis...

• 9 months later...