Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Outback alarm question

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 2000DuBack

2000DuBack

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • RPV cali

Posted 24 November 2006 - 11:06 PM

I have a 2000 outback limited that I recently purchased. I have been trying to activate the alarm system and according to the owners manual, you open the drivers door and hold the arm key for two seconds and the car will come out of valet mode. On mine I cannot seem to get it out of valet mode. Does anyone have a suggestion for me?
thanks,
Rich

#2 porcupine73

porcupine73

Obligate carnivore

• Members
  • 5,004 posts
  • Buffalo, NY

Posted 24 November 2006 - 11:21 PM

Does the remote work to lock/unlock the doors? Your method sounds correct,

To exit valet mode, open the driver’s door and keep the “UNLOCK/DISARM” button pressed for more than two seconds. The indicator will stop flashing.

#3 2000DuBack

2000DuBack

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • RPV cali

Posted 24 November 2006 - 11:23 PM

Does the remote work to lock/unlock the doors? Your method sounds correct,

Yes it does, but only the horn starts sounding. And the indicator keeps flashing.
Rich

#4 porcupine73

porcupine73

Obligate carnivore

• Members
  • 5,004 posts
  • Buffalo, NY

Posted 24 November 2006 - 11:28 PM

Hm, does it sound three times? That's what it does to me if the door is open and I press 'lock'. I accidentally got my '00obw into valet mode a few months ago; maybe tomorrow I'll try to get it out of valet and see if the method works.

#5 2000DuBack

2000DuBack

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • RPV cali

Posted 24 November 2006 - 11:32 PM

Hm, does it sound three times? That's what it does to me if the door is open and I press 'lock'. I accidentally got my '00obw into valet mode a few months ago; maybe tomorrow I'll try to get it out of valet and see if the method works.

Thanks for the help, just tried it. I was holding the Lock button instead of the Unlock button. Works like a charm.
Thanks,
Rich

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users