Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Sunroof will not shut???

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 TurboPropAirman

TurboPropAirman

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • Colorado

Posted 25 November 2006 - 04:12 PM

Hello, I have a 99 Legacy GT, and last night I opened the sunroof, and found it has no problem going backwards, however it will not go forward to close. The motor runs, but nothing happens.:confused: Any ideas, and if I have to remove the cassesett how would i go about doing that. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Chris

#2 brus brother

brus brother

Subaru Master

• Members
  • 1,928 posts
  • Connecticut

Posted 25 November 2006 - 05:58 PM

Can you tug it gently and give it an assist to close until someone more knowlegeable chime in?

#3 TurboPropAirman

TurboPropAirman

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • Colorado

Posted 25 November 2006 - 06:01 PM

I cannot tug it at all it is stuck completley:banghead:

#4 brus brother

brus brother

Subaru Master

• Members
  • 1,928 posts
  • Connecticut

Posted 25 November 2006 - 06:19 PM

Check the owner's manual. I think there is an allen key wrench that can be used to close the moonroof. It may not be effective in your case as it may still rely on the same "scissor" mechanism to actuate the closing and if this is the case:banghead:... as you already mentioned.

#5 NorthWet

NorthWet

Eeyore Incarnate

• Members
  • 5,039 posts
  • Bremerton, WA

Posted 25 November 2006 - 06:19 PM

On the earlier Legacys, there is a small hole in the headliner (covered with a matching plug, of course) near the front edge of the sunroof. Remove this and you will find a place to insert an allens wrench (earlier models kept a wrentch in their center console). This can be used to manually open and close the sunroof.

#6 sea#3

sea#3

Subaru Fanatic!

• Members
  • 354 posts
  • Vancouver Canada

Posted 26 November 2006 - 12:19 AM

Hello, I have a 99 Legacy GT, and last night I opened the sunroof, and found it has no problem going backwards, however it will not go forward to close. The motor runs, but nothing happens.:confused: Any ideas, and if I have to remove the cassesett how would i go about doing that. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Chris

Here is the info from the owners manual , but if that doesn't work you may have broken one of the calbes that drive the sun roof or the sun shade has jammed the sun roof

Hope this helps
SEA#3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users