Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Bah.. dropped exhaust valve...

I finally did a compression test on my coupe ('87 SPFI, FWD auto) and the #1 cylinder failed badly. Pulled the valvecover off of the passenger side and it appears I have a dropped exhaust valve.... argh... so now I'm looking for an engine since this one has 256k miles on it and I bet its going to be a bit tired...

ea82's are a diem a dosen head down here well hit the yards and find a lowmilage one somewhere

if some of you guys that go yardin a lot come across one for cheap that is a known running (ie body is trashed or major bodywork would need to be done) let me know. I can take care of ya guys as well:banana:

i wish i knew you needed one i hit pullnsave this morinig, i'll be going out again this week i'll grab anything with low miles and major damage if you want me to, just give me a price limit and how much of the engine you want?

lookin at roughly $200. All I need is the valvecovers in, not the intake or all that jazz.