Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My gx liberty project

Guest wraithrslib

Well hi all l'm very new to this forum lots of great info here just what l need as my post suggest's, l'm doing up a liberty gx as its known in australia l've bought the 92 model jap spec rs legacy front cut from japan the engine has only done 100,000 kilometers, mods so far are 3 inch exhuast from a rally car here in australia also a front mont intercooler from a toyota sourer cant wait to put the engine in so l can put these two mods on the rs lib factory 15 inch rims which l've painstakingly hand stripped never do that again hehe, l've now re powder coated the rims in charcoal metalic looks great.plus the rs legacy twin piston brakes and rotors are on the car there much better than stock gx one's, also the car has a whiteline 20 mm front sway bar and a 20mm adjustable rear sway bar with 3 settings this made a big improvement, l've put in a custom larger radiator with a nipple to run the hose to the reservoir tank on manifold which feeds water to the turbo.next l made a big improvement in the in let bay what l call a ram pod set up by running a 4 inch duct from the airflow meter through a 5 inch hole cut through the tin were normally the abs pump would sit the duct then feeds down to just behind the bumper were a pod filter is attached getting cool air rammed in as the car picks up speed l've noticed much better throttle response and even about a 4 kph better top end for a stock ej22 thats not to bad. now the big mod thats in progress as we speek is the beefing up of my 4 speed automatic transmission by bbe auto all l've said to them is make it bullet proof and to give me more hydraulic pressure to the auto as the rev range climbs they said they are able to do that so this auto should grab like a pit bull when l smack the loud pedal hehe, they have also sent my torque converter over to dominator converters so jason over there can tuffen and raise the stall to 2800 rpm just below my boost of 3200 rpm cool stuff ha, so this auto and 4.11 gears should make take offs a lot of fun. well the engine will have to sit in my garage untill my wallet recovers from the auto up grade but hope to have engine in by jan 2004.well hope l havn't put all of you to sleep with this long read l think lm ready for bed after such a long type hehe cheers.