Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Proud new forester owner

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 LoyaleFan

LoyaleFan

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts
  • Slippery Rock

Posted 29 November 2006 - 08:11 AM

I'm picking up my "brand new 1999 forester s" 5 speed this morning from the dealer. It has 80k miles on it. Any suggestions on what fluids I need to check/replace? The motor oil has just been changed, along with the filter. I am so excited to pick this car up. It's so cherry. Thanks for any advice.

#2 ferret

ferret

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 669 posts
  • Northern NJ

Posted 29 November 2006 - 09:29 AM

Did it come with an owners manual? Wheter it did or not, you can go to www.my.subaru.com and register your vehicle. There they will have any service data listed that was performed by the dealer. If you don't have a manual, the attached .pdf contains your service schedule. Also sending you a PM.

#3 jon38iowa

jon38iowa

Subaru Fanatic!

• Members
  • 466 posts
  • Ankeny

Posted 29 November 2006 - 11:51 AM

I'm picking up my "brand new 1999 forester s" 5 speed this morning from the dealer. It has 80k miles on it. Any suggestions on what fluids I need to check/replace? The motor oil has just been changed, along with the filter. I am so excited to pick this car up. It's so cherry. Thanks for any advice.

Congratulations on finding the unusual 's 5 speed! I have the auto.

I would also call the preveous owner to try and: find what has or has not been done to the car, if it had problems, etc,.
If not done or unknown I would replace the: Tranny oil, differential fluid, radiator fluid, radiator hoses, pcv valve, air filter, and fuel filter as well run sefoam through the gas tank. None of these are expensive and on 7 year old car can prolong its life, and improve its performance.
If you change the radiator fluid, be sure to add the Subaru Conditioner (costs only a couple bucks), this is to prevent head gasket leaks. I have never had any cooling related problems from adding it to the car.

#4 Torque

Torque

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • Lancashire, England

Posted 29 November 2006 - 03:08 PM

Great stuff, welcome to the Fozzie owners club :D

I'm sure that you'll love it, enjoy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users