Ultimate Subaru Message Board

neep some advice now

ok so i have a race between me and a datsun(78) 510 this weekend and i need some tips or advice to how i can mod my engine a little bit more better to make it run faster. what would be a good suggestion? i was thinkin about getting some real high octane gas and adding some octane booster to it. what else do you think will be a good idea?

-shift

Personally, I think the Datsun will win no matter what. They had almost 100hp stock.

I don't remember what car you have shift?

Either way, if you're still gonna try, put high-octane gas in it, richen the fuel mixture up a bit, and advance the timing until it pings. It's easier to get a few extra HP out of these old mechanically-ran cars than the new computerized stuff.

Also, just make sure the engine is tuned up. Plugs, wires, filters, you know the drill.

#1 -don't bother for many reasons

#2 -did you check to see what's under the other guy's hood yet?

We've got some of those folks up here too.....they take theirs to the dragstrip,etc....so good luck if you do go for it.:)

#3 - "p" is nowhere near "d" .....how'd you manage to spell it "neep some help"?:D just bustin balls...stay out of the newspapers!!

rig up a super powerful air horn to scare the SSH1T of the datsun driver just as the signal is given to go :lol:

hope for poor traction course where 4wd will be required to get a good start :burnout:

adjust the valves to spec.

the engine should be able to bury the tachometer and sound real smooth at that speed :D

"i need some tips or advice to how i can mod my engine a little bit more better to make it run faster."

regular gas will be fine, set base timing to spec, hook vac. adv. directly to intake manifold