Ultimate Subaru Message Board

92 Loyale issue....?

Ok so I have a 1992 Loyale non turbo with the 5spd. She has 389k and some change on her. Today I was going down the freeway and she died on me. Opened the hood everything looked fine. I pulled the fuel filter and had plenty of fuel. threw some starting fluid down here still nothing. Pulled the cap and there was what I thought was all my problems! There was a screw laying in the bottom of the distributor and the rotor was just spinning there... So I put the screw back in and cap back on and all and turned the key and she fired right up! Then died 3 seconds later... She will start right up every time I turn the key and then dies right after.... I was thinking maybe a clogged fuel line or something between the filter and the throttle body... Should I be able to blow air through that line or not? Any advice on this matter would be very greatly appreciated! Thank you guys very much! I hope your help get her back on the road so I can get her to 400K+:confused:

I have a check engine light? lol

I have never seen it! Its not on when the car is running. Maybe my check engine light bulb is burnt out.. lol This car has not been treated good. I change the oil on it every 10k most the time. All I have ever done to it is chance the timing belts and some gaskets while I was in there. First time ever on a tow truck in its life was yesterday! The car is truely AMASING! Ill let you guys know what I find as far vacume lines!

COUld be how it got to 400,000 on a turbo motor, the CEL is burned out :)

Check for vaccum hoses, and check the ignitor and distrubotor. At that mileage, either one can be way over due for replacement. the ignitor can drive you batty.

nipper