Ultimate Subaru Message Board

2 to 3 core Rad project

Okay got a reply back from Griffin Rad so now I have BOTH options to post about.

EA82 radiator custom build from A.) local shop and B.) Griffins offical reply

Bottom line cost first then details afterwards...

A.) $232.50 + tax "If we provide the side tanks for the Cores" *

B.) $325-375 (total appearantly includes shipping i dangerously assume at this moment)

A.)Specifics of the design Greg used in calculating the modification is based off the 2 core i showed him that is in the turbo wagon currently.

A.) So he was hesitant to reduce the dia of the colling pipes to create a 3 row as it was 2 rows of 1/2 inch pipe. Well, the 3 3/8 inch pipes in the stock measured core area calculated up to a 15% increase in colling capasity. This with a 16" fin count(that part of "fin count" is my only iffy info).

Here is the cost analysis that Gregs shop will do for us:

Core $140 is his cost

if we minimum 5 of them at 157 each and the $75 labor with our supplied tanks thats how he can do it at that price.

For some reason I am remembering that if he had to order tanks from then it'd be like $60 ber set or something absurd like that. Thats why he was suggesting getting a bunch of junkyard core's and that way he could also attach the bolting mounts for the fan scroud and factory bottom pegs(feet).

Thats fine by me I found half a dozen ole single cores in yards around her easily but eh....

So folks I gotta run to the Discount tire shop and so from memory these are those that wanted an update when it was figured out:

Calebz (now mostly local texas friend)

Okamiichiban (bigtime lurker AKA local denton texas friend)

Mudrat79

?Subaru3? (AKA old school subies in Tx)

? ? ? ? ?

me