Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Megasquirt Idle Valve EA82T

Hi all you megasquirters,

My megasquirt (running Extra code) wiring diagram has an idle valve on it (with a choice for either 2 or 3 wire valve). Does the EA82T have an idle valve, if so where is it and what's the wiring like for it?

I think there is a FICD solenoid to increase tickover when AC is on but I can find any reference to an idle valve in any of my subaru stuff.

any help would be most welcome.

thanks,

:headbang:

The EA82T controls fast idle using the AAV (Axillary Air Valve). It sits on the thermostat housing and has two wires going to it. I'm not too sure how it works.

The 86 FSM says this:

The auxiliary air valve is used to increase air flow when the engine is started up at a low temperature and the following warmup is performed. It consists of the coiled bimetal, the bimetal-operated shutter valve, and the electric heater element for bimetal. The passing airflow (at start-up) is increased as the temperature becomes lower. After start-up of the engine, the heating is performed by the heater to which current is supplied from the fuel pump relay circuit. Thereby, the shutter valve turns gradually to decrease air flow. After a certain elapsed time, the shutter valve is closed.

Sounds like, just give it power from the fuel pump relay circuit, and it takes care of it for you.

The EA82T controls fast idle using the AAV (Axillary Air Valve). It sits on the thermostat housing and has two wires going to it. I'm not too sure how it works.

The 86 FSM says this:

Sounds like, just give it power from the fuel pump relay circuit, and it takes care of it for you.

Cool, I know how the AAV works and if that's it then I can just connect that up and it'll be good but I thought maybe that there was something else to help tick over when the engine dips under load e.g when the clutch bites.

Anyway I think it's going to run without an extra idle control so this is just fine tuning stuff.

thanks for the reply. :)