Ultimate Subaru Message Board

where did 15.71 sq ft of metal install on my GL?

I took a look back after rear bumper was back on.... No one can tell I did anything to my old soob. :confused:

15.71 sq feet into the wheel wells, rocker panel (I haven't even bought the actual premade rocker yet- thats even more metal) and in front of rear bumper, to the corners spanning the width of car. It also ate 4 cans of rustoleum primer with the "25% free" large can, several hundred rivets, and 3 cans of evercoat undercoat (love that stuff). 3 tubes of silicone 2 by ge (non-paintable, but incredible durability).These repairs are rather discouraging- I can't see what I did. Until a 4wd moment when the car needs to 3 wheel it, a heavy rain has no leaks, the electrical changed slightly, the back end is quieter and tighter, and the alignment is true and stiff like a sway bar was installed, and the heat in frigid weather actually makes it to the back side windows. :)

"Never judge a book by it's cover" really applies here. This thread has no value, except the deserve of respect to real body people who pay attention to much more than we see in our cars... The sad part of mine is it was inspected...Hmmmm. I will contently take it to my local place and be staisified when they really look it over for a real inspection in a couple of months. I am glad I did not pay what the appearance could have sold it for..