Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Classic Brat?

AKIRA

does anybody know what it takes to make a car a classic? I heard somewhere it was like 20-25 years.

what do you think about antique, 50?

if any car deserves to be a classic, it's a Brat.

I tried researching this but I couldn't find anything but a bunch of sites for muscle cars.

Originally posted by 78TurboBrat

unfortunately my 78 brat falls under a 89 category. as everything else in it is from a 89 wagon. LOL means i have to wait till the year 2014 to make it a classic. :(

but that is ok, i can wait, i am sure it will stay together long enough.

since when does that matter??? Give them the VIN and they cant have any fight to it... just dont tell em the engine is new :-)

This is a state by state DMV question

In PA it used to be ten (10) years old and out of production made it eligible for "Classic" plates and title -

one time fee to have the title changed and plates issued.

Twenty five (25) years - eligible for antique -same criteria

No inspection required UNLESS you want to drive it after dark.

The inspection was for DOT approved headlamps.

Any tag service should have the forms.

Both plates have mileage and use situlations, BTW.

Hope this helps

Oh Flowmastered, i was being funny, of course i just tell anyone who sees the brat that it si a stock setup just waiting for some more interior. nothing more than that. cause here in texas if i tell them what year the motor is, then i will have to pass inspection of the year the motor is. so i will just tell the inspection people it was one of those rare ones, and of course go to a hole in the wall place instead of the fancier ones. but yeah here in texas it is 25 years and 50 years

its 30 years in washington i think. I checked it out cause you can get cheaper liscensing, but your car can't be your daily driver. You ahve to keep it under a certain amount of miles per year. Like you're only supposed to be driving it to car shows, or a cruise around town on a sunday. :(