Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Kumhos Mud terrains now Hanks

Scott in Bellingham

correct me if Im wrong but wernt you running supper swampers?.

" supper swampers ", now that sounds like a good meal

yes swampers rule offroad, my daily driver needs something more roadable , also the swampers are a softer rubber compound and they wear to quickly on the road,

also looking to go bigger my swampers are 27" , I want to go 30"this will be on a daily driver 6-7" lift with a Transfercase

I have a set of the 27" Kumho M/T's. They are great. Really hard compound makes for pretty slow wear. I think I'll get around 22-28K miles out of them with mostly on-road driving, and I'm not a soft driver. Bit fun in the wet, but they are still ok. I only assume the bigger ones are the same.

Sorry, I have no idea what wheels you should get. a 6" wide rim with 25mm offset works well, sits just inside the guard. So I'm guessing a 7.5" wide rim would do good with around 40mm offset?

Korean MT's? That's what I have too - different brand (Hankook) but I'm happy with them. Never had a punture or flat with them, and they are 6 ply. The design of both look to be pretty much replica's of the BFG MT tread pattern and work well in most conditions. They aren't as good as a swamper in really, really nasty stuff, but far better than an AT in my experience. Here's mine (RT01):

rt01_tire_left.gif

Hankook has a new one out now that has a more agressive looking pattern, and more sidewall lugs now (RT03).

rt03_tire_left.gif

Wish those had been out when I got mine :rolleyes:.

GD

Korean MT's? That's what I have too - different brand (Hankook) but I'm happy with them. Never had a punture or flat with them, and they are 6 ply. The design of both look to be pretty much replica's of the BFG MT tread pattern and work well in most conditions. They aren't as good as a swamper in really, really nasty stuff, but far better than an AT in my experience. Here's mine (RT01):

rt01_tire_left.gif

Hankook has a new one out now that has a more agressive looking pattern, and more sidewall lugs now (RT03).

rt03_tire_left.gif

Wish those had been out when I got mine :rolleyes:.

GD

where would I buy those?

where would I buy those?

I got mine through the Beaverton (OR) "Tire Factory". A friend of a friend was the manager at the time, and he turned me onto them as a more economical alternative to BFG's with a very similar pattern. I have seen the "hankook tire" sign out in front of a few other places too. I guess just call and see who carries them. Mine had to be ordered as they didn't *stock* them per-se, but they sold many other hankook car and truck tires so it was no problem. I think it took like 2 or 3 days to get them. I had them mount em on new wheels and then took them home and drilled them for 4 lug.

GD

Im lookin to buy a set or 30 x 9.50 Kuhmo Mud Terrains, I would like a full set on 6 bolt white wheels, wonderin weres the best place to get the tires and rims, and what rims and back spacing works good on a EA82

this will be on a 6" lift

834.jpg

also whos got them and whats your opinion on them?

ok now Im lookin at the Buckshot Mudders

MaxxisMudder.2.jpg

why you ask price and avalibility , the kumhos are like back ordered and I can get a set of buckshots for $500 off a Ebay store

Im lookin to buy a set or 30 x 9.50 Kuhmo Mud Terrains, I would like a full set on 6 bolt white wheels, wonderin weres the best place to get the tires and rims, and what rims and back spacing works good on a EA82

this will be on a 6" lift

834.jpg

also whos got them and whats your opinion on them?

ok now Im lookin at the Buckshot Mudders

MaxxisMudder.2.jpg

why you ask price and avalibility , the kumhos are like back ordered and I can get a set of buckshots for $500 shipped off a Ebay store

Nice! And only about 10% more than the RT01's when I got em 2 years ago. Let us know how you like em. They look burley. "Free shipping" really means it's figured into the price, so they are probably about the same if you find a place that can get em local. Plus those are 2" bigger than mine - those two factors probably account for the price difference.

GD

Saw a set of Hankooks on a rig today. Man those things are knarly, great side lugs. I wouldnt hesitate to buy a set of those next time I'm in the market.

The Buckshots might be alright for the road, but I wouldnt offroad them. Theres no protection for the sidewalls.

Saw a set of Hankooks on a rig today. Man those things are knarly, great side lugs. I wouldnt hesitate to buy a set of those next time I'm in the market.

The Buckshots might be alright for the road, but I wouldnt offroad them. Theres no protection for the sidewalls.

your right Rob

looks like Ive decided to get the Hankooks order them this week:eek: just need to figure out whats the proper way to prononce the name, is it Han--kook , or maybe Hank--ook or Hown-kook or maybe the k is silent well anyway Im getting a set

hankookrt031.jpg

think of the footprint with those things aired down

Hankook and Khumo are both Korean, and they are major competitors. Frankly the sidewall lugs, and the Hanks are 6 ply.... they advertise in all the major off-road mags these days. They are really trying hard to compete in the hard-core market. Plus you can actually GET the hankooks - can't find any place around that can get the Khumo's - everyone says they are backordered or you can't get that size, yada, yada. Mine have been great - never had a flat, and they are wearing just fine. Plus they make both those tread patterns in a 215/75R15, which is a great size for a mild lift.

GD