Ultimate Subaru Message Board

99 legacy emissions issue Warranty?

mom called and told me her CEL is on. i went over and I pulled the code and it was P0420 (catalyst efficency or something like that). My question is...what is the Warranty on the emissions system in these cars? It used to be 50k miles but now I think it is 100k miles...but when did that change? Is there a time limit too??? 3yrs, etc.

What do you folks think????? Pop is gonna isht a brick if he has to buy a new cat for the car. (chevy fanatic)

Car is a 99 legacy L sedan 30th anniv 2.2 automatic AWD with 76k on it and it is champagne color (aka beige) :lol:

Thanks!

thanks guys...i told her to drive it and call me if it comes back. As for buying a sensor... I always buy the OEM ones so that you know they are right.

So here is the score in Akron: I live next to my folks. My wife has the same identical car as my mom does (I liked hers so i bought the wife one) so on any given evening...there are 2 identical legacys sitting infront of the house...and both of the damn things have intermitant CEL's. :banghead: FWIW, ours has a canister issue. :rolleyes:

once again...thanks as always

O2 > new cat :headbang:

You may want to head over to the dealer and see if you qualify for this:

08/26/2006 Subaru of America Manufacturer recall/service

bulletin issued

Recall #WWG901 Air flow meter

sensor service program

Click here or call 1-800-Subaru3 to locate an authorized Subaru dealership near you to obtain more information about this recall.

My CEL came on while my car was under warranty, it currently has 55k on it, and everything involving the breathing/exhaust in the the car has worked beautifully since.