Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Occasional ABS light(broken CV boot,grease?)

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#26 ericem

ericem

First Gen Legacy Master

• Members
  • 2,477 posts
  • CANADA Maple,ON

Posted 09 December 2006 - 11:32 AM

voltage at idle, 14.10V highest 14.2V lowest 14.08V, alternator is giving 14.2V battery was at 14.08V, now im guessing this is a battery issue then. Right after you shut off the car, the battery goes to 13V right on, it might have been dropping a bit and caused that issue. I don't know, what do you think? Must be the battery right?

#27 Manarius

Manarius

1995 Subaru SVX LSi

• Members
  • 1,609 posts
  • Grantham

Posted 09 December 2006 - 11:49 AM

voltage at idle, 14.10V highest 14.2V lowest 14.08V, alternator is giving 14.2V battery was at 14.08V, now im guessing this is a battery issue then. Right after you shut off the car, the battery goes to 13V right on, it might have been dropping a bit and caused that issue. I don't know, what do you think? Must be the battery right?

Battery doesn't make the ABS light come on while you're driving. Battery has nothing to do with the electrical system when the car is on except that it's being charged.

Alternator is your issue I think. Instead of making us try to figure it out, how about you go have the alternator load tested.

#28 ericem

ericem

First Gen Legacy Master

• Members
  • 2,477 posts
  • CANADA Maple,ON

Posted 09 December 2006 - 12:06 PM

Battery doesn't make the ABS light come on while you're driving. Battery has nothing to do with the electrical system when the car is on except that it's being charged.

Alternator is your issue I think. Instead of making us try to figure it out, how about you go have the alternator load tested.

no, it does it when u turn on the car, not driving.

#29 nipper

nipper

Semi Elite Master of the

• Members
  • 17,624 posts
  • Long Island NY

Posted 09 December 2006 - 12:41 PM

Maybe you have the same problem i do. Check the voltage after the car has sat overnight and when its first started. It may be low first thing in the morning, which means your altenator is going bed.

nipper

#30 ericem

ericem

First Gen Legacy Master

• Members
  • 2,477 posts
  • CANADA Maple,ON

Posted 10 December 2006 - 12:02 AM

Maybe you have the same problem i do. Check the voltage after the car has sat overnight and when its first started. It may be low first thing in the morning, which means your altenator is going bed.

nipper

oh, well, wouldn't that be more in the lines off the battery if it can't hold its charge overnight? If im near a shop, ill get a load check done.

#31 nipper

nipper

Semi Elite Master of the

• Members
  • 17,624 posts
  • Long Island NY

Posted 10 December 2006 - 12:26 AM

oh, well, wouldn't that be more in the lines off the battery if it can't hold its charge overnight? If im near a shop, ill get a load check done.

No. My battery is at 13 volts in the morning. the diode trio or regulator are lazy. untill they warm up they wont work. Subaru had a recall on this years ago (i am not covered).

nipper

#32 ericem

ericem

First Gen Legacy Master

• Members
  • 2,477 posts
  • CANADA Maple,ON

Posted 10 December 2006 - 12:30 AM

No. My battery is at 13 volts in the morning. the diode trio or regulator are lazy. untill they warm up they wont work. Subaru had a recall on this years ago (i am not covered).

nipper

oh, well i think your right on the mark here, because this started now that its cold(-10?C) Should i give Subaru a shout, you think im covered?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users