Ultimate Subaru Message Board

SAS Suby

MysteriousXTC

Well rather than stir up an old thread I thought I would make a new one... I finally got a hold of some toyota axles and 3" lift springs to get me going on my SAS... Now this is going to take a fair amount of fabrication and considering I am about to go under the knife next week I doubt I will make much progress anytime soon... But none the less I have what I need to get a good start on this project...

Eventually I am going to have the solid axles with lockers, 35" tyres, custom tube bumpers and sliders, and hopefully swap in a EJ22/EJ25... Probably some other other custom things, but I want to get some ideas of other mods or things I can do... I just noticed the thread on the dual ebrakes, really liked the idea and I might try that too, but none the less I just want to here any other idea yall might have that I could incoporate into this build...

thanks,

caleb

th_900a7d62.jpg

meh. if you use toyota 8" axles....just get real lockers. the dual ebrake thing is cool, but definately inferior to real lockers.

nonetheless, it sounds like an awesome project. if I had had more time, and a welder/decent welding skills. I wanted to do this to my wagon. but, alas....other plans.

good luck man!! and keep us posted!

Not really a mod that adds to its offroading ability but just put in some Suzuki seats I got off a friend... Yes I know, they are pink but the theme of the vehicle is going to be and STi pink and black... Exo cage, bumpers, sliders will all being pink maybe the rims too...

th_PinkSeats.jpg

They are surely not STi pink but its as close as I can get without spending to have them reupholestered...

IIRC that rig already has a sammy case.

You sir are correct, it does have a sammy tcast and coupled with the D/R 5spd low gear is really nice, i am thinking of regearing its to like a 3:1 or 4:1...

Dont know if I am very worried about onboard air as the other guys I wheel with have it but it will definately be somethin to look into...

what do you plan on doing for spring mounts, ie are you going to make a full frame, subframes, or just add some plate in places?

Orignally I was going to do plates but I have thought better of it, considering I will still need to have something to support the Tcase... So most likely it will be 2 subframes or just one miniture frame tied inton the unibody; this will provided mounting points for the rear of the front springs, front of the rear springs, and the Tcase... Then other mounts for the springs will be incorporated into the bumpers most likely cause I see no reason for them ever to come off, but if they do it will just be a little extra work...

Ive tried to think through as much as possible but alot of the fabrication will be based on what is best at that moment, ideas change as well as necessity so I wont know whats what until the time comes, especially the steering lol

I think a simple full frame would be best. just tie everything together, and it'll beef the whole system up.

how are you going to get front ebrake? are you intending to go solid front and rear axles? or just rear? if you do both, you'll have to get pretty creative to get front calipers with handbrake brackets for the front.

I think a simple full frame would be best. just tie everything together, and it'll beef the whole system up.

how are you going to get front ebrake? are you intending to go solid front and rear axles? or just rear? if you do both, you'll have to get pretty creative to get front calipers with handbrake brackets for the front.

Haven't given the ebrake idea much thought setup wise, im sure I could figure something out... As for a frame, it has a full one now so I might just go that route, I just think it takes more away from the vehicle, less like a suby but then again its wont have to many suby parts left when I am done... Eithe way will suffice I suppose but I will cross that bridge when I get to it...