Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Legacy/Impreza/Forester wheel compatibility?

Just a quickie, I'll apologize in advance if it's already been asked, but am I right in assuming that the (steel) 15" wheels from a 90's - 00's Impreza or Forester will fit fine on my '99 OBW? The only thing that makes me wonder is that I know some of the Imprezas have drum brakes on the rear (not sure about the Forester.)

Reason I ask is because (1) I had a flat the other day, put on the ridculous mini-spare and thought "that thing has got to go!" and (2) I'd really like to get a set of dedicated snow tires to keep in the garage and I see no point in spending extra $$$ for alloy wheels when steel ones will work fine.

Anyway, advice/information is appreciated.

Martin

Non turbo stuff should fit on any other non turbo, as long as its a 15 inch rim. The problems come when you have the turbo models, as they have bigger brakes and require the 16 inch wheels. With those, all will work, except from the STi models which have a slightly larger pattern.

FYI, the std subaru wheel pattern, after the 4 lug era is 5x100

Aything Legacy/Outback Forester and Impreza/OutbackSport has the same bolt pattern and offset except the 2005+STi Wheels. The SVX and the 2005+ STi are 5 x 115. Anyhow, I think the 99 OBW can still use 15" wheels, but I think in 2000 they changed the brakes and you can't use 15's anymore.

Keith