Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

finally a post on this other motor im building

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 scrapdaddytatum

scrapdaddytatum

the subaru surgeon

• Members
  • 790 posts
  • charlottesville, virginia

Posted 15 November 2003 - 07:54 PM

so as some of you know im building a turbo ea82, bar no expense this is going to be sick motor, thought about a twin turbo but the space is not there, so i thing im going for a single front mount garret t-3, mounting the turbo to the side in front of radiator and putting the intercooler right of the turbo beside it, the intake for the turbo wound be a K&N right on the turbo, im using the rare spider intake flipped around so the throttle is facing foward, im having the bottom end completely done out with harding and shotpeening, full balance and blueprinting, JE pistons, true seal rings(file fit) and 8.5 to 1 compression, copper head gasket, shaved gen 3 heads with port and polish, 5 angle valve job, and stainless valves, stock cams, ported and polished intake, arp engine bolt kit(complete), a garret t-3 from turbonetics with ball bearing and ceramic to super 70 a\r trim, this turbo is for a dodge charger, my other addiction, i will be using ej25 injectors and SDS ENGINE MANEGMENT, all this with an rx transmision, act clutch, skip lightened flywheel, lsd rear, byb 3" lift in a 89 gl10 wagon, im aiming for 225hp any suggestions or idea' s also any manufactor for rods or cranks in proformance trim
or any other ea82 proformance parts,
thanks
scrapdaddy

#2 WJM

WJM

SUBARU

• Members
  • 7,828 posts

Posted 15 November 2003 - 08:51 PM

Delta Cams. Torque grind. Thats 20 more HP and tons more TQ.

#3 Hondasucks

Hondasucks

Subaru Technician

• Members
  • 4,758 posts
  • Vancouver, WA

Posted 15 November 2003 - 08:53 PM

:slobber: :slobber: :slobber: :slobber: :slobber: :slobber: :slobber: :slobber:

So where are you getting all your parts? Care to share prices? I'm thinking about building the %*%*@* out of my EA82 as well :-)

#4 XSNRG

XSNRG

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 3,657 posts
  • Olympia

Posted 15 November 2003 - 09:06 PM

I like what I hear:brow:

#5 WJM

WJM

SUBARU

• Members
  • 7,828 posts

Posted 15 November 2003 - 09:09 PM

I got mine form NAPA, Delta Cams, and Gasket Works USA.

Oh, the engine from a local subaru mechanic.

#6 archemitis

archemitis

guy smiley

• Members
  • 3,554 posts
  • the big minnie

Posted 16 November 2003 - 12:02 AM

did you just write every mod you have ever read about? why would you have shaved heads if you are runing 8.5:1? got any pics?

#7 scrapdaddytatum

scrapdaddytatum

the subaru surgeon

• Members
  • 790 posts

Posted 16 November 2003 - 02:22 AM

thabjs about the cams, didnt know abbout them. im getting most of my machine work done by a local machine shop, like the shot peening and magna fluxing, and another shop for my balancing and blueprinting. im just using basic motor building technics. no pictures yet as most of the has yet to be done. im starting this as a winter builld up.

#8 Skip

Skip

Flatuous Blather

• 8,991 posts
  • Latrobe, Pennsylvania

Posted 16 November 2003 - 08:15 AM

J,
the rotation of the spider is going to cause an interesting upper rad hose config (will be pointing at the distributor)
The manifold is a two part affair, you may beable to leave the bottom and just rotate the top.
Since you have choosen to put the turbo up front if you move the battery to the rear smugglers trunk (Trogdor copywrite) you may have room for twins.
Getting another Turbonetics may be a problem, I believe you have some lesser units you could use.
Twins are one of those hair brained ideas that just look sophat.
One bank of two cyl per turbo may prove retarded though.

Time to look into a wideband 02 setup, group buy on the new gen board right now will save a couple bucks.

Heat is an enemy you will be fighting with this proj.
Big scoop and hood vents?? I'm sure you know of a good rad to use.
The IC is going to share this area, may want to think about the WRC "V" setup

Other adds - underdrive lightweight harmonic dampner, H20 injection, high boost aux. injectors, NOx, scatter shield (diaper)
Bythesea short shifter setup, reinforced motor/tranny/dogbone mounts
Good luck - if anybody can jank this off - it B U

#9 scrapdaddytatum

scrapdaddytatum

the subaru surgeon

• Members
  • 790 posts

Posted 16 November 2003 - 12:01 PM

good ideas as usual, dont think i will do the twins though, 1 t-3 will pull enough boost. and i was thinking about the rally v setup
i will leave the bottom half the intake normal, just spin the top half, havnt tried it yet but looks like it will fit ill check out that o2 deal

#10 beauregaardhooligan

beauregaardhooligan

Subaru Fanatic!

• Members
  • 424 posts
  • Greenville, SC

Posted 16 November 2003 - 01:22 PM

That'll be some mondo hp!
What trany are you using?

#11 scrapdaddytatum

scrapdaddytatum

the subaru surgeon

• Members
  • 790 posts

Posted 16 November 2003 - 02:22 PM

rx trans, dual range with locking center dif, lsd rear, and if i can fiigure out how, 4.10 gears. also 3" BYB lift, toyota 14" rims, bilstien shocks, poly bushings if i can find them, custum shifter setup, and a rollcage,

#12 AlpineRaven

AlpineRaven

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 187 posts
  • Australia

Posted 16 November 2003 - 05:51 PM

Quote "JE pistons"

What JE Pistons? what are they? Can you tell me what they are/where they from?

Reason - It triggered me, thinking of Holden JE Camira (From Australia) Piston from a 2.0 litre engine.

Cheers
Tristan

#13 WJM

WJM

SUBARU

• Members
  • 7,828 posts

Posted 16 November 2003 - 05:53 PM

check out subspeed.com. He also got some JE pistons. The company is in CA. They are supposed to be just about the best.

#14 scrapdaddytatum

scrapdaddytatum

the subaru surgeon

• Members
  • 790 posts

Posted 16 November 2003 - 09:48 PM

je pistons are huge, run an internet search, i have been using them for years, and i checked out subspeed ill be shooting him an email, thanks agian

#15 scrapdaddytatum

scrapdaddytatum

the subaru surgeon

• Members
  • 790 posts

Posted 16 November 2003 - 10:52 PM

as i get them and put things together
dont expect much till after january
as im going to the south for a month after christmas
so illl be saving money up for my return
it will work perfect, this way