Ultimate Subaru Message Board

HID lights on the GL wagon

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

... I wasnt aware of the 9104's existence. ... How much do those things run you down there? ...

Hey, yah.. Any clue what you might ask to ship four or six of those to the US?? I HIGHLY doubt anyone would get in trouble for those...

Well, They cost here around $ 25.ºº Each One (Just for Information, it is equivalent to L. 500.ºº Lempíras, our Currecy, that is at 20 per one US$ Dollar.) but I think that is better Idea to buy ´em Directly to the Flösser Company, who makes ´em in Germany.

Their Website is: http://www.flosser.com/ and it is in Four Languages.

... I'm going to start looking into swapping out the lousy 9004s on my Bronco...

They have 9107 for Fords, I´ve Installed Two Brand New Flösser 9107 to my Uncle´s 1995 Mazda B2300 (Which is a Rebagged Ford Ranger Pick´up) and Believe me: It is a Huge Great Difference, with a Cheaper / Easier \ Simple Change of Bulbs.

Also, they Won´t Damage the Stock Wires, even with its 100W Real Output in High. I Use ´em since Long Long Time Ago, more than a Decade...

... It would be interesting to see a photograph showing the beam pattern of those 9104 bulbs in a standard loyale/ea82 headlight lens.. could you take a shot or two like the first ones in this thread and post them?

Yes, but not soon, ´cos my Sister Went to U.S.A. and took my Digital Camera with her... I believe that a Standard 35mm Camera will make Horrible shots by Night; I just wanna say that with 9104 Bulbs on, you can see a Diagonal line (As Volvo´s old Logo) Shadow inside the Headlight, as many H3 Lights do. (For Info: 9004 or 9104 bulbs, are Called H1 too in some Countries, like Europe) if I can do take Good Nightshots of my Subie´s Lights & Pattern, I´ll post here of Shure.

Well, try at http://www.flosser.com/ ... Good Luck! :)

thank you for your inquiry for Flosser Light bulbs thru the Flosser Web Site.

Please note that we represent Flosser in the US. Flosser products are being shipped from a warehouse near Chicago

9104 can be offered at $ 7.40.

Orders over $ 750.00 would ship freight prepaid.

We thank you for your interest and are looking forward to your further news

best regards

Thomas Walter

Thomas Walter & Associates

Phone: 954-714-8798 Fax 703-814-4976 E Mail: ThomasW891@aol.com

thank you for your inquiry for Flosser Light bulbs thru the Flosser Web Site.

Please note that we represent Flosser in the US. Flosser products are being shipped from a warehouse near Chicago

Orders over $ 750.00 would ship freight prepaid.

We thank you for your interest and are looking forward to your further news

best regards

Thomas Walter

Thomas Walter & Associates

Phone: 954-714-8798 Fax 703-814-4976 E Mail: ThomasW891@aol.com

Kind of fishy to me. The phone number is a Florida number (plug phone number into Google). The fax is a Virginia number. The email address is a private email address. The product is in Chicago.

I made an inquiry for 5 sets (10 bulbs). If it comes through then I will sell them off for the cost + USPS mail (i.e. only the costs of the goods and shipping...no profit).

With this wattage. I would recommend upgrading the wiring to deal with 200watts of high beam and 160watts of low beam. Just to be safe.

I checked out their website and found a couple other bulbs that I would be interested in, so did an inquiry on the 9104's too. The ones I wanted weren't in stock anymore and he quoted me the 9104s at $10.10 each. Possible that its the difference between virginia and nevada, but who knows. Still not bad for an upgrade. Oh and says that the minimum purchase is $50.00.

I am really not dissatisified with my stock headlights.. once you get them well adjusted, they light up pretty good.. I wish I could rig it to run both hi and low beams when I turn the hi beams on, though. If I could do that, I really wouldn't bother upgrading anything...

..but THAT may just be, because I drove my Zcar around for five years before the soob, and the headlights in THAT are quite frankly, dim. They are so dim they're almost musty... I would turn them on and it almost felt like it got darker... so who knows.

I ordered 8 (2 back up for me, and 2 backup for my buddie that I gave my white wagon to) so it was over $50. He say's they're out of stock and that it would be 2-3 weeks before they shipped. Its COD so I don't really care.

I checked out their website and found a couple other bulbs that I would be interested in, so did an inquiry on the 9104's too. The ones I wanted weren't in stock anymore and he quoted me the 9104s at $10.10 each. Possible that its the difference between virginia and nevada, but who knows. Still not bad for an upgrade. Oh and says that the minimum purchase is $50.00.

Yes, but not soon, ´cos my Sister Went to U.S.A. and took my Digital Camera with her...

Where did she go, and is she hot/single? Which airport can I pick her up from? :grin:

(For Info: 9004 or 9104 bulbs, are Called H1 too in some Countries, like Europe)

And just a minor correction, they're known as HB1, not H1. An H1 is a totally different animal. HB1 is the 9004 equivalent.

Here's a quick primer:

HB1 == 9004

HB2 == 9003

HB3 == 9005

HB4 == 9006

HB5 == 9007

H1's are used a high beam bulbs in quad lamp setups.

H2's are used in some high beam and mostly fog/driving lamps.

H3's are used in driving lamps almost exclusively. Handheld spots and such as well.

H4's are used in the combo low/hi side of headlamps. Their pinout is identical to the 6054 sealed beam lamps and similar ones. Direct swap. :D

Yadda yadda.. just wanted to make sure the cloud of confusion is cleared up.

I ordered 8 (2 back up for me, and 2 backup for my buddie that I gave my white wagon to) so it was over $50. He say's they're out of stock and that it would be 2-3 weeks before they shipped. Its COD so I don't really care.
Thanks for the info. I am going put this on the shelf for now as I have to still upgrade my alternator and then put in the other aux lights (100w fog and 100w driving lights = 400w). Then I will investigate this further.

FYI: There are other sources for 100w/80w 9004 HB1. Hella Optilux XB are available in 100w/80w bulbs. However, the filaments are not relocated/turned like these Flosser bulbs. Google "Optilux 9004 100w" and you will find some sources. Much more expensive than these Flosser bulbs but available.

Where did she go, and is she hot/single? Which airport can I pick her up from? :grin: ...

She went Thru Greensboro´s Airport to Winston-Salem...

...But she Already Came Back...

And She did Broke my Camera! :-\ :slobber::mad::banghead:

...And just a minor correction, they're known as HB1, not H1. An H1 is a totally different animal. HB1 is the 9004 equivalent.

Yes!, I Agree... :D ...Sorry... (I knew that, but I failed to Write Correct with the Keyboard... )

• 3 months later...

So, just a little resurrect here. After seeing the pics from Dave's install, I decided to hunt down some HID's too. I was going to do the DL quad swap, and put some nice Hella H4/H1 combos in it, but this is about the same price.

So, after scanning the options on the BayE, I decided not to go with the same kit. Seems the seller is really bad at communicating (took him about a week to respond to a simple question).

Anyways, I came across Xenon Rider (http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrppZ25QQsassZxenonrider) (http://www.xenonrider.com). 100% Bay-E satisfaction, responded to questions the same day. The kit I got is a Hi-Lo type, uses a funky telescopic bulb mechanism to change the focal point, thereby giving you both Hi and Lo beam positions, both in HID.

IT PLUGGED RIGHT IN AND WORKED! I was kind of worried about this, because of the ground-switching headlight system, but it works great. 4300K is a great color, shouldn't attract too much po-po attention. I also have one of the factory headlight sockets free to use for my fog and driving light wiring to control the relays properly.

I know you all want pics, but it's been some time since I could upload pics to the gallery, mods have tried to fix it. Anyways, the mounting and wiring is not complete, I'll try to do some proper pics when it's done. And I'm still waiting for my damn tires. Stereo's almost done, though.:rolleyes: