Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

91 loyale

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 SoobGoob

SoobGoob

Subaru Fanatic!

• Members
  • 395 posts
  • Portland

Posted 22 December 2006 - 02:34 AM

was wondering if my wildcat AT's 27 in wheels would fit on my non lifted soob with out rubbing. not worried about cutting the front fenders but dont want to cut the rear ones. not sure about width. 9in? couldnt find much with the search...

#2 Numbchux

Numbchux

EJ conversion addict

• Members
  • 5,991 posts
  • Duluth, MN

Posted 22 December 2006 - 12:57 PM

you'll have to cut a bunch out of the both front and rear. that's about as big as you can go without cutting WITH a lift.

cutting the back isn't any harder than cutting the front....

#3 SoobGoob

SoobGoob

Subaru Fanatic!

• Members
  • 395 posts
  • Portland

Posted 22 December 2006 - 01:31 PM

ok i just got the exact size its 205/75r14. and i dont want to cut my back fender because you cant replace it like you can the front. i just wanted to get my bigger wheels on for going snowboarding on mt hood. a little more clearance and a more aggressive tread will help me in the snow alot more though i never have had poblems in my beloved soobie :banana:

#4 WoodsWagon

WoodsWagon

Formerly 91Loyale

• Members
  • 3,945 posts
  • NH

Posted 22 December 2006 - 11:32 PM

you'll have to cut a bunch out of the both front and rear. that's about as big as you can go without cutting WITH a lift.

cutting the back isn't any harder than cutting the front....

30" is as big as you can go with a 4" lift. And that involves a lot of bashing in the front wheel wells.

You're going to need to cut the rear at the front edge of the wheel well by the door.

#5 Numbchux

Numbchux

EJ conversion addict

• Members
  • 5,991 posts
  • Duluth, MN

Posted 23 December 2006 - 02:35 AM

30" is as big as you can go with a 4" lift. And that involves a lot of bashing in the front wheel wells.

yep, that's WITH cutting AND a lift.

I meant 27s are about as much as you can got WITHOUT cutting and WITH a lift...trying to fit them without a lift, would involve quite a bit of cutting.

I had 28s, and had to do some cutting/bashing in the rear, and a bunch in the front.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users