Ultimate Subaru Message Board

T-case Pictures

mellow65

You know the old saying if you have to ask how much you probably can't afford it.

Well it probably holds true to this also.

How do you put a transfer case in a subaru?

I mean i get where and how they work and the fact you put a front axle in and everything, but I have never really seen any pictures of how you mount a transfer case to the car.

Do you make an add on frame that you mount it to? Or just support it from the floor?

Pictures would be cool. I know someone had to keep a photo journal of their build.

I recently had the same question. I found if I went to the photo section and did a search for transfercase or differential, I found a few good pictures showing how others had done it. Then after you see who has some of the pictures, then go to their photo albums, and you may find more. If I remember right, Bushbasher had some really good ones that showed a lot of how he did it.

Rollie

virtually everyone builds a frame under the car. which I think is pretty much required to get enough strength for the suspension at the 6-8"+ of lift range.

although bushbasher didn't. he reinforced the floor under the seats, and mounted it that way...it looked pretty cool. but I'm still worried about he front suspension. a frame really helps strengthen the weakest part of the car, the radius rod brackets.