Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I finally have a reason to post in here!

You said it was not to comfertable...

I road down to Washington, DC (its like a 5 1/2 hour drive...it took us 8 hours because we made other stops) in a 1998 Impreza Outback hatchback...it was the mose un-comfortable car i've ever ridden in. The seats suck. I love the seats in my Legacy...they should use those in everything :-D

It currently has a CA salvage certificate, I am going to sell it that way and just pay the bill for the new owner to get a title. No point in me titling it if I am going to sell it in a week or 2.

This is the car that was rear ended. It looks beautiful now. Its debadged and de-winged at the moment (thats and old pic of it) the wing is going back on, the badges arent, it look really cool without em. All it needs is tint and it would look as awesome as my roommates black Volvo S80 T6 :D

Its an auto tranny by the way.

The car is also for sale :banana:

The reason I was uncomforable is the seat is a different height than the ones in my GL and I was unable to use the cruise control yesterday because of the rain and standing water on the road, so having my leg in 1 place for 2 hours wasnt too fun. (for some reason though I can drive my 87 from Whistler BC to Portland Oregon with 2-3 pee breaks and be just fine :cornfuzz: )

Its parked in the lot in front of my Apartment... if you can find my apartment feel free to look at it. (I cant drive it right now, no tags or plates or registration or insurance)

Ok so I drove it down here to Portland from Tacoma... but that was cause I JUST bought it. So now all its gonna get is short jaunts around the apartment complex to keep the car healty until I get some documents for it.

Just curious on the wheels. They are the 92-94 Turbo Legacy wheels which were also used on the early Outbacks. What are they doing on your Impreza? Were they salvaged, special ordered, or did an Outback owner trade up to a different set?

As for the seats I found the seats in my 93 Legacy uncomfortable on long drives (fine for about three hours) and the seats are much improved on my 2001 Outback, although the lumber support seems to be in the wrong place (too low), and the head restraint is too far back.

:wave: Note to Subaru: Drive a Volvo or Saab and take seat design lessons from them!! And return the quick release tilt steering to the Legacy that disappeared in 95! And add a telescoping steering column.

Those wheels were on Imprezas for a while, I've seen all kinds of Imprezas with those wheels...:confused:

Allow me to say that I have NEVER found a seat in any car that has been comfortable for 3 hours. Everything from a Mitsu Diamante to a Toyota Sienna to a Honda Accord, to both my Subarus, my rump roast is always really sore when I get out...:banghead: