Ultimate Subaru Message Board

"Lola" needs your help please

My 82 GL (LOLA) needs some help. With all the snow we have had up here I decided to get her ready for winter and while checking the heat I found that the blower motor isn't working at all. I replaced the fuse at box but that wasn't it. I removed the panel below the glove box and found two different black boxes? (I have a/c) and have no idea where to go from here. I was told there is another fuse but I don't know where that is . Basically I have the will but not the knowledge of what to do next. Any help would be appreciated!!!!

I took Lola to the local mechanic and he hooked this fancy little gadget to the battery and to the blower motor and was able to turn the blower on for brief periods thus elimnating the blower as the problem. Once I found out that it wasn't the blower I stopped him from going any further, just that little bit cost me $35.00 . Anyway, now I know it is either the switch, fuse or a short. I say short because my rear defroster button light works only when jigged and doesn't defrost when it does light !! Will be doing the basic "follow the wire" bit tomorrow.Any advise before hand would be appreciated.

Thanks everyone for your great response :D