Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Earth physics and car..

bgd73

There is an onramp by the house, I turn right onto it.. Without fail, everytime, the car coughs, hesitates and I have gone as far as pushing in the clutch and flooring it- does it less when warm, but still there.... the only spot they do it in.Its been a year and a half for this ramp and I and 2 cars. I blamed my soobs, until my friend and i in a 4.3 liter gm pickup did the same thing on the same corner...a cough. I have gone over that spot with a bicycle and tried to figure it out. There is wires overhead, and they run under a rather lengthy bridge over the river... is there some kind of super invisible ground going on? GD.. any ideas? :)

I found the taller the vehicle the better in this spot. what can I do for a soob?

is there some kind of super invisible ground going on? GD.. any ideas? :)

"super" invisible? Wouldn't just plain "invisible" do?

If the ground is in fact invisible, then I would put a call in to the authorities - I'm betting the FBI probably has an X-File on such things, and may want to have a speak with you. Could be an alien landing site - those are known to cause strange earth anomalies.

BTW - since this does not relate to subaru's by your own admission, you should post it in off-topic. Or better yet - find a forum on physics.

GD

ya dude i don't even own an ea82 and i know about this do a search it has somthing to do with the spfi pcv system.

this reminds me of this thing, some guy just posted about just discovering the redrilled chevy rim like a week or two ago

Ok guys, so he's a bit crazy, don't send him down the river just yet.

I'm gonna go with the PCV system being the culpret, when you take a long right turn, the oil collects and then suddenly dumps into the intake, which results in a puff of black smoke and poor driveability till it burns off.

It could also be that you have a bad motor mound and when the engine rocks to one side it bends the fuel line and kinks it off.

Or, you could have really low fuel and it gets pushed away from the pickup.

or, and this is just a wild left fielder, you're actually on to something with the crazy physics, who knows, it could be the next mystery spot :rolleyes:

He's claiming it's happening with:

1 carbed EA82

1 SPFI EA82

1 4.3L GM

1 Bicycle.

So the SPFI long right hand sweeping turn oil consumption SB doesn't really apply now does it?

I'm guessing he's hearing the suspension articulate in way that *sounds* like an engine issue to his (obviously highly calibrated :rolleyes:) ear. Or the tire hits a hollow spot in the pavement, or a slight dip or rise or something. It's obvious that it's not related to the vehicle, so there is either another logical explantion, or he's hearing things (quite possible given the track record here).

And what in the natural world does this have to do with old gen, or Subaru's in general? Just cause he was riding in one? Cmon - this is rediculous. Can someone get this junk over to a proper forum?!?

GD

He's claiming it's happening with:

1 carbed EA82

1 SPFI EA82

1 4.3L GM

1 Bicycle.

So the SPFI long right hand sweeping turn oil consumption SB doesn't really apply now does it?

I'm guessing he's hearing the suspension articulate in way that *sounds* like an engine issue to his (obviously highly calibrated :rolleyes:) ear. Or the tire hits a hollow spot in the pavement, or a slight dip or rise or something. It's obvious that it's not related to the vehicle, so there is either another logical explantion, or he's hearing things (quite possible given the track record here).

And what in the natural world does this have to do with old gen, or Subaru's in general? Just cause he was riding in one? Cmon - this is rediculous. Can someone get this junk over to a proper forum?!?

GD

Ok i'm curious. Why is this not in the proper forum? His subaru coughs going around a tight turn. My 87 would do it on a tight right turn ramp and it was the pcv hoses. He said he blamed his soobs. he is asking an honest question.

Don't be so harsh

nipper

Ok i'm curious. Why is this not in the proper forum? His subaru coughs going around a tight turn. My 87 would do it on a tight right turn ramp and it was the pcv hoses. He said he blamed his soobs. he is asking an honest question.

Don't be so harsh

nipper

because it also involves a bicycle and a chevrolet

because it also involves a bicycle and a chevrolet

so if i asked about a question that was common to my subaru and another brand, i cant post it in the subaru topic (like tire cupping for example) dude, thats just insane.

nipper

Gee, I don't know..... maybe THIS:

I blamed my soobs, until my friend and i in a 4.3 liter gm pickup did the same thing

Not to mention the title of his post: "Earth physics and car..".... not SUBARU, but "CAR".

He's asking what we think of this "spot" and if it effects cars in general - not what he can do to fix his subaru. Besides which people are blindly referencing the SPFI SB, when he doesn't even drive an SPFI anymore - he WRECKED it.

Jeez - do I have to spell it out slowly?

M. E. N. T. A. L.

I. L. L. N. E. S. S.

But this really belongs in off-topic or some physics forum somewhere. It's not subaru specific, and the question isn't even dealing with the car, but rather the earth's effect on said car when traveling over it.

GD

tire cupping is common on evrey car i drive it's because i corner to fast, and my alignment is shot. on the other hand, we have bgd's post

There is an onramp by the house, I turn right onto it.. Without fail, everytime, the car coughs, hesitates and I have gone as far as pushing in the clutch and flooring it- does it less when warm, but still there.... the only spot they do it in.Its been a year and a half for this ramp and I and 2 cars. I blamed my soobs, until my friend and i in a 4.3 liter gm pickup did the same thing on the same corner...a cough.

there is a differance between tow different brands of cars haveing a similiar problem and some guy hitting a bump and blaming it on somthing else, for gods sake how does a bicycle cough?