Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Reasonable price for my RX?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Prospeeder

Prospeeder

Subaru Fanatic!

• Members
  • 487 posts

Posted 01 January 2007 - 09:27 PM

Well im sure im going to be selling this thing right after winter. Now granted i fix the thermostat housing so it stops seaping out coolant, and start it cold, and it runs fine for the most part. What do you think i could fetch for this thing. So far it has

35k Motor
less than 10k on
Clutch
CV joints
ignition system
Rear LSD and Driveshaft

Less than 1500 miles on
Alternator
Intake Gaskets
Alot of coolant hoses
timing belts
main seal
water pump
Radiator (BRAND new)
New Muffler and Chrome tip

Headlights will be getting replaced with good ones
Paints in OK condition, clear coat peeling on roof and trunk
Surface rust around rear wheel wells, nothing structural
Rear defroster, like 1/2 of the lines work
Heater does work
A/c Inoperable, just a line was leaking, compressor is good
Windsheild has no cracks
Gauges all work
Doesnt overheat, stays right at 1/3 of the gauge in all situations
GREAT tires, lots of tread, the Snow tires look nearly new and the studs are still sharp, may be included also.
ALL power windows work and are fairly quick
Manual transmission goes into every gear fine, and is abit notchey, and the clutch has never slipped for me.
Car is very very queit exhaust wise, you can barley hear the exhaust, you mostley hear the clutch fan winding up.
No suspension shake on highway, rear struts good, fronts alittle bouncy. Frame is straight

Now im saying any person on the street who would buy this thing, not some1 who can pick every problem out

http://img.photobuck...r/Subaru/RX.jpg
http://img.photobuck...ru/interior.jpg
http://img.photobuck...baru/RXside.jpg

I was thinking of Putting 1000 in the window and seeing if anyone bit on it.... i sold my 1988 mazda with no options and 160k , burned oil and had a salvage title for 750$

Iv got about 750$ total into the car, including How much i bought it for, licensing, and everything

#2 mellow65

mellow65

Subaru, my drug of choice

• Members
  • 1,084 posts
  • Portland

Posted 01 January 2007 - 09:40 PM

i have a couple theorys about cheap cars.

I think anything that runs pretty good and has good tags are worth $500+.

I think anything that runs pretty good, good tags and looks not like sh*t is worth $1000+

And if it runs pretty good, pretty clean and strait, and good tags and has some new stuff on it. $1500+

this is just my theorys, it may mean crap to some people, but i work with my parents auto brokering company and that is what I am able to sell cheap cars for all day long.

#3 pheonix165

pheonix165

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 299 posts
  • victoria bc (canada)

Posted 01 January 2007 - 11:41 PM

your lucky your in the states because here, any used turbo subaru of its generation, wont sell for more then 1000cnd. so like 7-850usd.

#4 Gloyale

Gloyale

It's a sickness

• Members
  • 9,099 posts
  • Corvallis, OR PNW

Posted 01 January 2007 - 11:53 PM

Man it would be sad if you sold it to "someone on the street". Even as good as these cars can be it will need work in the future that will confound some random owner and they will junk it. that's one less clutch pack LSD in the world. Unless someone get's parts 'fore it goes to the crusher.

#5 jeffast

jeffast

f*** im 24

• Members
  • 2,029 posts
  • midwestren

Posted 01 January 2007 - 11:54 PM

your looking at getting 1k tops, i'd expect around $7-800 if i was selling it, if i was buying it i wouldn't pay more than that but i know what it is

#6 Prospeeder

Prospeeder

Subaru Fanatic!

• Members
  • 487 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 02:06 AM

I dunno old subes sell for alot here for some reason, an 85 Brat, Beat to HELL, bald tires, peeling paint, rust, dents and missing jumpseats, ripped up interior, went for 2500$! 4 Speed Dual range. So i might be able to get a 1000 or so for it.

#7 Hodaka Rider

Hodaka Rider

Original BC Soobnut

• Members
  • 1,577 posts
  • Nelson, BC (Canada)

Posted 02 January 2007 - 02:15 AM

your lucky your in the states because here, any used turbo subaru of its generation, wont sell for more then 1000cnd. so like 7-850usd.

Then sell them up here in Nelson. Should be able to get $2000 or more for a decent turbo Soob up here.

#8 mikeshoup

mikeshoup

Ignorant

• Members
  • 2,190 posts
  • City and County of Denver

Posted 02 January 2007 - 08:32 AM

$1,000 if it runs and drives away without any problems. $750 is a more realistic number. $500 will probably make it go bye bye quick.

#9 GeneralDisorder

GeneralDisorder

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 20,280 posts
  • Portland

Posted 02 January 2007 - 05:15 PM

The Killers:

Flapper MAF turbo with gen 1 heads
No FT4WD
1.2:1 low range
Sedan RX body, with a TON of miles on it.

Sadly, not a very desireable EA82 in comparison to the *real* coupe RX's. People in the know want a coupe for the RX line, and people just looking for an old soob are usually looking for a wagon for skiiing, etc. The body style is also getting very, very dated, and I don't think you are likely to have many interested parties in the community at large if you have the price at $1k. Put it out for $800 OBO, and let them haggle you down to $500.

Frankly if you put some effort into it, you wouldn't be so hot on selling it. It's worthless as cars in general go, but if you get things straight it will be worth *more* to you because you know the car.

GD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users