Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EJ 22 Harness Prep

NoahDL88

Not trying to under bid ShawnW, just offering my services to get the EJ22 wiring harness ready for EJ swaps. Friendly competition if you will, and it might be easier for the Seattle area folks to pick up and drop off instead of having to ship across country.

Same price, don't want to start a bidding war, $200, and that will include return shipping, unless you live in NZ :-\

Not trying to under bid ShawnW, just offering my services to get the EJ22 wiring harness ready for EJ swaps. Friendly competition if you will, and it might be easier for the Seattle area folks to pick up and drop off instead of having to ship across country.

Same price, don't want to start a bidding war, $200, and that will include return shipping, unless you live in NZ :-\

not neccessaily competition.....just a new co-worker i'd say:) , would suck to be the only one doin' it. i was contemplating the same thing:-\

so to get some clarity here...

are you prepping the ej22 engine wiring to mate up to an ea81/ea82 vehicle wiring harness?

and what's involved? send you specific parts of a specific harness?

need some more elaboration...

--Spiffy

when we say "wiring harness prep" we mean that if you give one of us a COMPLETE EJ wiring harness we will remove all unneccessary parts of it so that essentially, your EJ motor with battery, ignition, fuel and crank power will run on the ground:slobber: . all that would be required of you is to install it in your EA81/EA82 car and plug in those four (4) things and if installed properly, your car should run.:brow:

care to mention those 10 wires here? I am just trying to see if I got my harness right.

So far I got:

Radiator Relay

VSS

Fuel Pump

Power to Fuel Pump/Main Relay

Neutral Position Switch

Check Engine Light

Starter Wire to the ECU

Ignition Wire to the ECU

Test Mode Connector(? technically already on the donor by itself)

Tach Signal

anything I am leaving out?

care to mention those 10 wires here? I am just trying to see if I got my harness right.

So far I got:

Radiator Relay

VSS

Fuel Pump

Power to Fuel Pump/Main Relay

Neutral Position Switch

Check Engine Light

Starter Wire to the ECU

Ignition Wire to the ECU

Test Mode Connector(? technically already on the donor by itself)

Tach Signal

anything I am leaving out?

You're gonna want temp, and oil pressure, i wired in a fan seperate, as its much easier than integrating the both together. unless its OBDII, you don't need the VSS. The neutral position switch is over rated, and the test mode connectors are all there, the single green and black connectors. Tach signal is a black blue wire, you'll have to look very carefully cause it just looks like any other black wire.

still 10 wires that are labeled well worth it. just wish i could go that route right now. maybe some day. just dont stop doing this any time soon. I always find the stuff that I want to do when i can't do it

It's not quite that simple, there are about 10 wires that need homes, but other than that its what he said, give me your EJ harness, and i'll trim it down and lable every thing that needs id'ing and send it back.

• 3 weeks later...

maybe that's why our ej22 swap isn't working dave. Did we hook up 10 wires or 4? (the perpetual ej swap going on 4 months now) :-\

when we say "wiring harness prep" we mean that if you give one of us a COMPLETE EJ wiring harness we will remove all unneccessary parts of it so that essentially, your EJ motor with battery, ignition, fuel and crank power will run on the ground:slobber: . all that would be required of you is to install it in your EA81/EA82 car and plug in those four (4) things and if installed properly, your car should run.:brow:

• 2 months later...

can you please contact me about doing a harness it is from a 1990 subaru legacy with 2.2 auto tranny. I am wanting to put the motor and tranny (2wd auto) in a sandrail and just want the bare minimum to run the motor no gauges or dummy lights or any of that stuff just fuel, air, and fire. i already have the engine and harness ecu and tcu out of the car just need to know what you need from me and how long you will have it. If you could call me at 317-514-9894 that would be great becuase i have a few questions or if you could email me your # that would be good also.

thanks

ralph rwilcox215@comcast.net

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...