Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Inline Subaru 4 valve DOHC head

Gravityman

Hey Subaru Freaks!

I dont know how many of you have seen this but I thought that it is awsome to see that anything is possible when you really apply yourself.

This is the World’s Fastest Model A. The cool thing is it is running a modified Inline Subaru 4 valve DOHC head from a WRX mounted to a 831 Roadster.

Its about time some one in the out dated land of the american big blocks finally see that ohc engines are far superior to push rod motors.

http://www.aardemasohc.net/index_files/Page743.htm

Its about time some one in the out dated land of the american big blocks finally see that ohc engines are far superior to push rod motors.

http://www.aardemasohc.net/index_files/Page743.htm

I'd like to see a naturally aspirated subaru based engine that makes the kind of torque even a poorly running big block does.:rolleyes:

the whole pushrod vs ohc jap vs american argument is so stupid. they both serve their purpose and are pretty damn cool in their own ways.

• 2 weeks later...
It doesn't actually say a WRX head is used anywhere. The fact it says inline Subaru 4 valve head was used makes me think they used an inline 4 four from Japan.

"This one-of-a-kind Model A uses a pair of Subaru 4-valve twin cam heads welded together. The engine makes almost 300 hp and is in Doug Eyres’ 831 roadster."

Granted it doesnt say wrx.

nipper

I'd like to see a naturally aspirated subaru based engine that makes the kind of torque even a poorly running big block does.:rolleyes:

the whole pushrod vs ohc jap vs american argument is so stupid. they both serve their purpose and are pretty damn cool in their own ways.

There's no replacement for displacement.... (besides forced induction)

However, generally, the horsepower per liter of the Japanese OHC engines is higher than that of old-school v8s. That's mainly because the Japanese engines rev higher. It's two different philosophies: 1. make a really big engine that turns slowly, or 2. make a tiny engine that turns fast.

But really, you're right that comparing an EJ engine to a big block is like comparing apples to oranges.

• 4 weeks later...