Ultimate Subaru Message Board

24 Hours of LeMons

haha yeah that sounds awesome, i just read the articals in my car n driver and road n track. its pretty awesome. might as well use a sube...light on gas especially when u gut the car and save weight. could use an old hatch, it would be perfect. and we all know their pretty indestructable! good luck!!!!

That looks like alot of fun. A chance to take unlikely to what it deserves.

We have a whole season here of cars setup for smalltime racing, but called anything but lemons.. I won't mention the track and categories, it is taken a bit seriously by some. I think I am one of few who laughed watching some of the races. I love the theme of the 24 hrs of lemons, great idea! :)

• 2 weeks later...
I think that a Subaru could be a force to be reckoned with at this event.

http://24hoursoflemons.com/

Subes are inexpensive and fairly indestructable and some of you on this board know how to make them go fast! It looks like it could be a lot of fun.

I thoght exactly the same thing when I read this, din't have time to post tho'.

Good on ya!

one thing that's in the rules that i don't like is this

Your Car May Be Destroyed At Any Time: In addition to accidents and other unfortunate boo-boos' date=' during the course of the race, one car may be selected by blind ballot of all registered participants for immediate removal and total destruction. It could be your car. It probably WILL BE your car. Them's the breaks. Don't bring it if you ain't OK with losing it.[/i']

so basically.if you winning,you can still lose by having your car pulled out of the race to be destroyed...:-\

-not to mention how much it costs to get in just to probably have car destroyed-

Nah, I'm thinking a beat early Corolla (RWD) or maybe even a Chevette, something nobody would cry over if it died.

The key would be to take the car, spray oil all over the engine, run it around to get some dirt stuck in it, Kick it, beat it with a hammer to make it ugly, but have it running pretty good. If it's ugly, they may ignore it.

Maybe set it up to burn some oil too, run an injector line down the exhaust or something.....

I was considering a hatch. I say one in the area w/a blown HG for 200 bucks. It would be really easy to fix.

Informal talks with my team have narrowed the vehicle choice to either a subaru b/c of my knowledge of the car and the fact that most team mates own soob or a honda b/c the guy who owns the flatbed truck is familiar with them. Both cars are desirable b/c of the lego like characteristics in terms of upgrading.

I would hate to see a hatch get killed. but then again, the hatch would have a 5 point cage installed afterwards so it would make a great track or offroad beater.

We'll see how it goes.

THanks for the support and encouragement.

BW

• 4 weeks later...