Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

24 Hours of LeMons

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 s'ko

s'ko

RIP

• Members
  • 1,722 posts
  • Los Angeles

Posted 08 January 2007 - 08:15 PM

lookie here http://24hoursoflemons.com/index.html

Those of you in Northern Cali/Nevada should get a team together.

I am forming a team here w/some guys. Probably not going to be a soob but I will have a soob as a support vehicle.

Hope to see someone there.

BW

#2 goobaroo

goobaroo

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 131 posts
  • Hainesport

Posted 08 January 2007 - 08:42 PM

haha yeah that sounds awesome, i just read the articals in my car n driver and road n track. its pretty awesome. might as well use a sube...light on gas especially when u gut the car and save weight. could use an old hatch, it would be perfect. and we all know their pretty indestructable! good luck!!!!

#3 bgd73

bgd73

Banned - WARNING! Disregard EVERYTHING posted by this user

• Banned
  • 1,210 posts
  • Concrete Glacier

Posted 09 January 2007 - 09:43 AM

That looks like alot of fun. A chance to take unlikely to what it deserves.
We have a whole season here of cars setup for smalltime racing, but called anything but lemons.. I won't mention the track and categories, it is taken a bit seriously by some. I think I am one of few who laughed watching some of the races. I love the theme of the 24 hrs of lemons, great idea! :)

#4 Jack in Norfolk

Jack in Norfolk

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,080 posts
  • Marblehead, MA

Posted 18 January 2007 - 04:09 PM

I think that a Subaru could be a force to be reckoned with at this event.
http://24hoursoflemons.com/

Subes are inexpensive and fairly indestructable and some of you on this board know how to make them go fast! It looks like it could be a lot of fun.

#5 Snowman

Snowman

Midnight Passenger

• Members
  • 3,538 posts
  • Haines

Posted 19 January 2007 - 02:01 AM

DUDE!!!!:banana:

I will seriously help sponsor a USMB-er entering this event. (I'm not kidding. PM me if you're seriously interested.) I would love to do it, but I'm just too far away.

#6 mtsmiths

mtsmiths

Subaru Master

• Members
  • 1,645 posts
  • Kailua-Kona, Hawaii

Posted 19 January 2007 - 10:27 AM

I think that a Subaru could be a force to be reckoned with at this event.
http://24hoursoflemons.com/

Subes are inexpensive and fairly indestructable and some of you on this board know how to make them go fast! It looks like it could be a lot of fun.

I thoght exactly the same thing when I read this, din't have time to post tho'.

Good on ya!

#7 jeffast

jeffast

f*** im 24

• Members
  • 2,029 posts
  • midwestren

Posted 19 January 2007 - 01:10 PM

that is sick

#8 WoodsWagon

WoodsWagon

Formerly 91Loyale

• Members
  • 3,946 posts
  • NH

Posted 19 January 2007 - 01:58 PM

Someone please run a 90-94 Legacy wagon. You could buy one for 100bucks, then put a hackjob turbo on it for 300, and have 100 left over to fix the suspension.

#9 subie94

subie94

Major Subaru Fan..

• Members
  • 1,583 posts
  • Epsom,N.H.

Posted 19 January 2007 - 02:06 PM

one thing that's in the rules that i don't like is this

so basically.if you winning,you can still lose by having your car pulled out of the race to be destroyed...:-\

-not to mention how much it costs to get in just to probably have car destroyed-

#10 4x4_Welder

4x4_Welder

Just a guy

• Members
  • 1,131 posts
  • Rexburg, ID

Posted 19 January 2007 - 11:24 PM

Nah, I'm thinking a beat early Corolla (RWD) or maybe even a Chevette, something nobody would cry over if it died.
The key would be to take the car, spray oil all over the engine, run it around to get some dirt stuck in it, Kick it, beat it with a hammer to make it ugly, but have it running pretty good. If it's ugly, they may ignore it.
Maybe set it up to burn some oil too, run an injector line down the exhaust or something.....

#11 s'ko

s'ko

RIP

• Members
  • 1,722 posts
  • Los Angeles

Posted 22 January 2007 - 10:24 AM

I was considering a hatch. I say one in the area w/a blown HG for 200 bucks. It would be really easy to fix.

Informal talks with my team have narrowed the vehicle choice to either a subaru b/c of my knowledge of the car and the fact that most team mates own soob or a honda b/c the guy who owns the flatbed truck is familiar with them. Both cars are desirable b/c of the lego like characteristics in terms of upgrading.

I would hate to see a hatch get killed. but then again, the hatch would have a 5 point cage installed afterwards so it would make a great track or offroad beater.

We'll see how it goes.

THanks for the support and encouragement.

BW

#12 s'ko

s'ko

RIP

• Members
  • 1,722 posts
  • Los Angeles

Posted 17 February 2007 - 10:19 PM

well one of my teammates sister in law owns a EA82 GL wagon.

Looks like we will be getting this as our car. I am going to see if its too nice to trash.

Will post picks when we get it.

BW

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users