Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My Check Engine light is still on.

I when by Advance Auto store and got the code read.

It gave only one number PO107 which converts to : "MAP/BARO Circuit Low Input" according to the reader manual.

Does anyone have a clue as to what that means ?

I apppreciate and help anyone can offer.

Thanks

Fred

That code is for the pressure sensor.

It means the ECU received a momentary lower then expected voltage signal from the sensor.

It's possible it's just a hiccup, and everything's fine, or that the sensor may be on the way out, or something in the wiring is screwy.

I'd clear the code, drive the car and see if it comes back. If it does, I'd check the sensor, and the wiring.

Thank for the infomation.. I've reset it several times and it keeps coming back in about 10 seconds after the engine starts.

Would you know where the pressure sensor located ? And what it does ?

Thanks

Fred

That code is for the pressure sensor.

It means the ECU received a momentary lower then expected voltage signal from the sensor.

It's possible it's just a hiccup, and everything's fine, or that the sensor may be on the way out, or something in the wiring is screwy.

I'd clear the code, drive the car and see if it comes back. If it does, I'd check the sensor, and the wiring.

I believe it is in front of the passenger strut tower.

It measures intake manifold vacuum as well as ambient atmospheric pressure.

Is it one of these sensors? The one on the lower right with the hoses ?

Think it would be the sebsor or the hoses ?

post-4196-136027620123_thumb.jpg

The sensor is on the left (single hose).

The object on the right is the baro pressure diverter valve,

as Legacy 777 says, the ECU watches both the baro pressure and the intake.

This valve shuttles the pressure reading to the ECU

from the ambient barometric pressure to the intake pressure (vacuum).

I may be possible to check it with a DMM, the resistance is pretty high on the two I measured, but should not be infinite.

The sensor is on the left (single hose).

The object on the right is the baro pressure diverter valve,

as Legacy 777 says, the ECU watches both the baro pressure and the intake.

This valve shuttles the pressure reading to the ECU

from the ambient barometric pressure to the intake pressure (vacuum).

I may be possible to check it with a DMM, the resistance is pretty high on the two I measured, but should not be infinite.

I'm getting 17k, 30k and 50k ohms between the 3 legs. I did fine a cut in one of the vacuum hoses where it splits near the bottom and goes on the engine. I've glue up hole with some good glue and wait for that to set before trying it.

I'm keeping my fingers cross that it the cut hose. Looks like someone used the wrong kind of tool to pull it off and may have cut it . I'm right sure it was leaking, but don't know if it was enough to kick the code or not.

I've got a Pressure Sensor on my 98 Legacy that I will try next if this doesn't work. Thanks for all the help Skip and Legacy 777.

Fred

After all is said and done it turned out to be the Pressure Sensor that was throwing the P0106 error code. Legacy777 was right all along.

I took Pressure Sensor off my 98 Legacy with the same matching number.

Put the old bad PS on the 98 Legacy and CEL came on.

CEL was off on Impreza after reseting by disconnecting battery.

However after the second engine start I'm now getting a P0106 and P1143 error code. I reset and CEL is off till I restart the engine second time.

Still same error codes. Anyone know what would be causing those error codes ? Why only after 2nd restart ?

I bought the pressure sensor off a 1997 Impreza at a salvage yard for $15. Put it back on the Legacy that I barrow the first sensor off of.